‣𝟏𝟐

╒══。

╒══。.。。.。══❑══❑═══。..。═══╕

The castle of fabrication crumbles when the thunder of suspicion strikes it.

╘══。.。。.。══❑══❑══。.。。.。══╛

"Yes, right there." Elle faked a hiss when Taehyung pressed his thumb onto her left ankle.

"You are very careless," Taehyung mumbled remembering how she was tooting in pain when he entered inside. He was fed by a lie from his prudent wife that she tripped onto the mat and fell.

Taehyung inspected her ankle more closely but to his relief there was no swelling or wound. He gently picked Elle off the floor and landed her onto a cabriole couch grounded at the right corner of the study room. The moonlight peeping from the open window sparkled on her face. She was sweating out at the thought of what would happen if Taehyung caught her with the file. But she was quick enough to wipe away the beads of sweat off her forehead, alongside calming her heavy breaths.

"Shall I massage your leg?" Taehyung's voice was oozing with worry. Even before Elle could turn his favour down, he kneeled in front of her.

"It's okay, Taehyung. It's not paining much." Elle gulped after extending her fabrication once again. Deep down she felt guilty for weaving so many lies that too against Taehyung.

Nonetheless, Taehyung held her left ankle gently.

"Taehyung, I swear, I feel better-"

"Shh" Taehyung placed his finger on Elle's lips and kept staring at her as if digging in for the revelations she concealed.

Elle's eyes were unwavering from his figure as well, but today's exposure made by Yong-sun blemished her emotions again, making her draw her head away. The sudden twitch on her face wasn't unnoticed by Taehyung. But he still played calmly and started massaging her ankle. Unwantedly, Elle scrunched her face to show she was in pain.

"Why did you come, here?" Taehyung asked with his eyes and hands still focusing on her ankle. Elle gulped not because she didn't have one more lie prepared but because she have to say that out.

A lie, again!

"I wanted to sort out things...between us. And the only way was by finding my ring. I'm sure I loosed it when the villagers were chasing me. I want to go out and search it myself but I know you won't allow me to step out..." Elle halted as she felt Taehyung stop the magic of his slender fingers from working on her skin.

Elle felt he was about to say something, nonetheless, he continued massaging her leg. A minute of silence passed, and licking her lower lip she continued weaving the castle of her fabrication.

"So, I had no option than take help from our bodyguards. You were asleep when I searched for your phone in our room but it wasn't there so I came here and indeed found it." She pointed in the direction of the phone which she got a glimpse of the same moment Taehyung entered in.