‣𝟐𝟭

╒══。

╒══。.。。.。══❑══❑═══。..。═══╕

A trap weaved with concealment,
executed with wickedness,
breaks with nothing but the predator's death.

      ╘══。.。。.。══❑══❑══。.。。.。══╛

Author's pov

Everything fell into a deathly silence, a silence that concealed the approaching destruction. Who could have guessed that the woman dragged to the circle of fire would perish their sanity like ashes? Elle stood there, head raised, a dark aura enveloping her injured body. Her eyes turned red, a spine-shivering smirk gracing her lips as she stared at the disciples bowing before her.

"Bloody peasants wanted to kill the ultimate being alive." she gritted out, eyeing each bowed head, relishing the helpless sight of disciples who were inside her a while ago.

Namjoon and Yong-sun stood frozen, witnessing the absurd scene unfolding before them. Elle reciting a forbidden verse and transforming into a demonic being was the last thing they expected. Yong-sun was the first to overcome the shock and looked at Namjoon.

But confusion clouded his face when he saw Namjoon standing pale, his hands visibly shaking. Yong-sun widened his eyes, realizing that Namjoon knew what was happening. He gulped, anticipating the worst as Namjoon, the most powerful among the sinners of the dark world, stood aghast.

"Suhoja," he called out, making Namjoon flinch and turn his attention to Yong-sun.

Yong-sun gasped as he watched a lone tear escape from Namjoon's left eye.

"Why—"

"She will kill them."

Before he could say anything further, they both heard a thudding sound.

"Still want to kill me? Huh? Get up?" Elle laughed at the disciples who had fallen and moved towards the blazing circle.

"No," Namjoon panicked, stepping a little forward. His voice caught Elle's attention. As she tilted her head, her grin turned more venomous with each passing second.

"Aw, want to save your puppies?" Elle fake-pouted, an obvious mockery of Namjoon's helplessness.

"Let us go," the disciples pleaded, their shadowed forms trembling as they neared the flame, which seemed eager to gulp their existence at once. They started screaming in panic when their every attempt to stop their body failed. Namjoon looked around, seeing every single disciple horrified.

"Suhoja, our lord, please help!" Namjoon clenched his fist upon hearing the pleas of his disciples.

Yong-sun stood still, digesting the uncertain turn of events. He sighed in relief, watching Namjoon transform his form. A hooded cloak wrapped his entire body except for his face and arm, which held his spear. His eyes bore holes into Elle, who remained calm despite sensing the emanating rage within Namjoon.