‣𝟭𝟖

╒══。

╒══。.。。.。══❑══❑═══。..。═══╕

War of love and reign; where the weapon belonged to the heartless and the sacrifice was embraced by the protector.

╘══。.。。.。══❑══❑══。.。。.。══╛

Elle's pov

An unusual suffocation jerked me from my slumber. I opened my eyes, gasping for air.

"What is happening to me?"

My body started quivering and twisting in pain. I screamed, clutching the bedsheets beneath me. I wriggled and rolled to every corner of the bed, but the pain spread throughout my body as if someone were stabbing me. I can't!

"Taehyung, where are you?"

I scanned the room with my eyes, but it was just me, and my agonizing screams.

"Our queen," I froze, listening to a deep voice that didn't belong to Taehyung.

"Who—Ah—Who is it?" I shouted, trying to see through my blurry vision. Pressing my palms against the bed, I tried to lift myself. I screamed as the pain shot up with each movement. If only I hadn't been bonded, I might have escaped from here.

A faint voice reached my ears. My head snapped towards the ceiling, and a groggy scream erupted from my dry throat. A black fog settled on the ceiling above me, like an old, dusty veil.

"Taehyung! Taehyung! Where are you?"

I shouted, my fearful eyes shifting from the door to the fog. I screamed, closing my eyes when the fog receded just an inch from my face. I kept my eyes closed, realising it had something to do with black magic and Yong-sun, which was enough to make me imagine the worst.

A few minutes passed in silence, only my breathing and whimpers filled the room.

Huh?

Suddenly, I felt a warm breath on my face, and some vapours touching my skin. I scooted back but hissed when the headboard hit my back. I opened my eyes, and there it was: the fog right in front of my face.

I was about to shout when an eerie melody echoed in the room, and the source was the shadowy fog. The melody triggered the pain in my body again.

"What did you do? Go away!" I closed my eyes, shaking my head as I felt dizzy. The melody acted as a poison, numbing my body with unbearable pain. My chest tightened, squeezing the air out of my body.

My stomach churned, and I vomited blood. My eyes welled up, watching the Beige sheets turn red.

"Time to die, my queen!" I lifted my head, and my now clear vision revealed a tall figure in front of me. My throat ached from constant screaming and vomiting blood. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes clumsily.