Chapter 6- It's on

Dedicated to PimlapatAida

   This is ridiculous. How can someone just barge into their residence and utter outrageous things regarding a beloved daughter of the family?

" It's either you are at the wrong address or something is messing up your brain.". Fareed said as he approached Ayoola and her three counterparts.

" Fareed, let me handle them. You know I'm good at this." Saratu smirked." I know very well how to deal with such people."

" No, please." Fareeda held her back." Let Fareed handle this."
Mariya was thankful for that. Her best friend can be crazy at times.

" Looks like there's a problem on board. Will you let us talk it through like civilized people unlike you or the four if you want to get sued for trespassing on our property?" Fareed directed his conditions to Ayoola and her counterparts.

" There's nothing to act civilized about. That Mariya broke those rules when my boyfriend cheated on me with her!" Ayoola yelled, pointing a finger at Mariya.

'That is it.' Mariya thought. Is this Zayn's strategy the cancel the engagement?

" Excuse me, miss. My sister is getting married. She isn't involved in what you are talking about." Fareed spoke rather calmly and thoughtfully. This matter is about his sister so there's no need to rush it through. He has the whole time in the world to talk about it as long as Ayoola and her squad are willing to cooperate.

" What do you mean? Hassan Malik is my boyfriend and I won't let Mariya marry him. He's promised me a future together and so I can't just let him get married to another woman." Ayoola revealed, much to the dismay of the whole Gidado family. Mariya is an exception though.  She's been dying for this moment to arrive.

" Do you have proof? You know we can't just accept this nonsense you keep uttering." Alhaji Farooq questioned. Ayoola's revelation has gotten him this time.
Mariya's mother scoffed. This better not be real or else, that Hassan be damned.

He sure is.

"Abba, this is about Mariya. I suggest we sit them down and talk this through. We can't mess her life up." Fareed reasoned.
  To Fareed, this might be a case where Ayoola is mistaken because there's no way a man whose marriage procession was led by the royal council of Kano would nurture this much infidelity against his sister. If Ayoola is speaking the truth, then the engagement would be called off.

    For real.

" You are right." Alhaji Farooq agreed."We should take that into consideration."

All Mariya wanted to hear at the moment was her father announcing the blissful termination of her cursed engagement. Everything else is a back-case.

" Miss..."

"Ayoola. My name is Ayoola Damilola."
Ayoola was quick to correct Fareed.

  Hausa meets Yoruba. Interesting.

" I see. Since you broke into our house without any prior notice, you won't leave without answering our questions. I'm sure the Gidado family has got a ton of questions for you." Fareed pointed to his family who looked eager to face what was ahead.

" Fine. So it shall be." Ayoola agreed. Her confidence is admirable.

*~*

"That Hassan guy is a fraud." Fareeda whispered to her twin brother." There's no way Mariya is going to marry him. I'm not in for it. Never."
   Fareed nodded. She's right. He had investigated Hassan and he came out clean but he was all wrong. His sources were wrong.  The fact that Fareed's trusted sources couldn't find out about Hassan's relationship with Ayoola is much more disturbing because it only proves that Hassan is much more shady.
   Ayoola's revelations about her relationship with Hassan have brought the whole family out of the darkness and most importantly, Mariya. She was the one who was going to be directly affected by the problem. The family has lost confidence in Hassan.