Chapter 7- Double Trouble

Zayn filed out of his matte black-coloured Tesla after parking it properly in the underground parking lot of the address Mariya had sent to him. Why would she invite him to a restaurant in the first place? Couldn't she have told him whatever she wanted to tell over the phone?

    He had to respond to greetings from the random people who greeted him. He didn't know any of them but they knew him. He's their prince so they are bound to know him.

Zayn sighed in exasperation after he had scanned the place and there was no trace of Mariya. She was the one who had called him to the restaurant and she's nowhere to be found.

" You are here. Welcome." A familiar voice came from behind him, making him turn towards the direction of the voice. There she was. It was Mariya,
standing in front of him, with a smile on her face.

" Yes, I'm here." He responded.
She then guided him to an empty table.
" I believe you called me here for a purpose." Zayn voiced out when they settled down." Let's get down to business then."

" Actually, I called you here to thank you... you know, for helping me cancel the engagement and this whole Hassan issue. It's so much of a relief knowing I'm not betrothed to Hassan again. It might sound weird being asked to come over to a random restaurant just to hear this but I thought it was right. Thank you." Mariya was truly grateful. Getting over a man like Hassan wouldn't have been possible without Zayn.

" You are welcome." He chuckled softly. He didn't expect such a sincere act of gratitude from someone like Mariya. He used to think that her attitude was far greater than her whole being but now he has seen a part of her that sits right with him. To him, this whole deal was set up for their own gain. It's a fifty-fifty gain for both of them yet she was polite and considerate enough to be this grateful. Seems like it was more than a casual deal to her.

" Your drinks." A waiter carefully placed two cups of chilled tsobo drinks on their table and flashed them a smile before leaving.

Mariya took a sip from the cup whilst Zayn just stared at his drink. He wasn't sure if he should take it because he didn't pay for it. He knows better than to take something that doesn't belong to him. What if Mariya bought both for herself? Who knows?

" The drink is yours. You can have it " Mariya assured him as if aware of his conflicting thoughts. Though he was given the go-ahead to claim the drink, he didn't because he was not used to women buying him drinks. The tsobo looked so appetizing though.

" It doesn't matter if you are broke. There's no shame in being broke. The drink is free. Sponsored by Saratu." She pointed in the direction of Saratu who was talking to some customers and Saratu took a brief second to wave at them.
  " Funny joke."  He glared at her, making her laugh. She ignored Zayn's gaze on her knowing very well, what she had done. That was her only way to make him have the drink. And it worked because Zayn finally brought the cup to his lips to drag a few sips of the drink.

" Does Hassan know you have a hand in the termination of the engagement?" Mariya asked. Judging from the manner in which Hassan and Zayn talked to each other the last time she saw them together, they didn't sound like cousins. More like enemies who were willing to rip each other apart at any given moment.

" He knows. Ayoola must have told him." Zayn stated casually before taking another sip. The tsobo is good. Mariya's eyes widened. Hassan's threats have eaten up into her head.

Ta hadu.

"Tab!" Mariya exclaimed. She was surprised by how he could casually say that. He seemed least bothered.
To her, Hassan's whole existence spelt trouble.