Epilogue

Some things never change. They never do. Not after nine years, when they were more additions to the already big family, making a chaotic haven.
It was Eid-ul Fitr. And, just like every Eid, they offer their prayers at the Nasarawa Central Mosque. After that, the grand festivities would be set to roll. Every year was a treasure to remember.

Watching their children grow every day, was nothing short of amazing, although they could be a handful sometimes. Especially, Khadija__ Zayn and Mariya's second daughter who was named after Nana. She was a split image of Zayn, except that she had Mariya's character. She combined with Haseeb and Sayida's only daughter, Khayra, were the perfect definition of chaos. Nothing less, but probably a bit more. Both of them were five, with Khayra being two months older than Khadija.
Khayra was a copy-and-paste version of her late aunt, and Haseeb marvelled every single day at her resemblance to his late sister. One could conclude that she was the sunshine of the Shamaki family. Haseeb once said that it was like watching Khayra grow again. His strong genes did him good.
And then there was Naseer, the calm one who was always available to balance his sister's behavior. He pronounced her loud and annoying, but Mariya pretended she didn't find him in Khadija's room a few times, keeping her company even as she slept. He was a responsible brother. Too mature for a nine-year-old. Hydar was almost like him. Growing up to resemble his biological father, and carrying his demeanor. He and Naseer were almost each other's favorites, despite the tiny gap in their ages.
Ameer and Qasim, are the immediate descendants of Emraan Malik. Ameer who was now thirteen, was clearly the father of all the children, especially at school, when Khadija and her counterpart couldn't keep their hands and mouths to themselves. Qasim was as reserved as his brother, only that he had a naughty trace in him. The balance was essential.

Eskander and Saratu had a hard time having children, we're finally blessed with their own after going through the IVF procedure. The day Saratu birthed their first daughter, Yusra was a day to remember. That was the second time Mariya witnessed Eskander cry__the very first time he held his daughter in his arms. Yusra was five, and she was the odd one out of her two age mates, being the calm one among them. No matter what, Khayra and Khadija got her back. She was forever their baby. Saratu and Eskander were further blessed with a son, whom they named Yusuf. He was only a year and a half old. Eskander's ultimate sweet weakness.

Khalid and Khalida, Yasmeen and Fareed's twins were only seven. Although all two children had physically inherited their father, with a flair of craziness from the Gidado blood. Even Mariya couldn't deny that. Just a few years ago, Fareed and Yasmeen were close to getting divorced, due to some misunderstandings. Now, everything has been resolved, and it only strengthened their bond, as they had learnt from the misgivings.

Lastly, Zainab, who was the same age as Ameer, had a thriving career as a child model, promoting her mother's brand and other renowned brands.

Although there had been one or two faults in their parenting, the children were made to receive as much love and care as they were offered. Each one of them was an embodiment of their parents, representing a part of them in various proportions.

Their convoy of cars drove into the late Sultan's residence, each car, a clear semblance of their successful pedestal throughout the years.
The cars parked in the garage, signifying their time of arrival. For now, the manse was filled with only immediate family and friends, as their annual Eid party was the next day.

One by one, doors flew open, and they all stepped out of their designated cars to head into the house. It was a miracle that Khayra and Khadija didn't take a headstart into the house. Yusra was doing a good job at keeping them tied. She held each of their hands, swinging them to and fro as she walked between them. Behind them, Zainab was taking a video of them. The twins, Khalid and Khalida were stuck with their parents, while Hydar walked with Naseer. Behind Ameer and Qasim. Ameer was happy to hold Yusuf in his arms, although he could walk on his own.