Chapter 8- The attack

Fareeda's gaze travelled from the blood stained hockey stick she was holding to the unconscious man lying on the floor,right beside her bed. She would have been in his place if she hadn't made a life saving move for her own sake and that of her child.

Bloody hell! Why would someone come to her room and attack her with a freaking knife, threatening to take her life and that of her child? Not just anyone. A random stranger__what was the connection?

In addition to the continuous wailing of her daughter who was now strapped to her back, she's got the responsibility of a dying man. She hit him in the head so bad.
Well,he brought this calamity to himself the very moment he decided to enter her room, probably through the window. He should have known who he was about to deal with.

Albeit,she was really scared,she thought she was going to die. How will she explain the issue to everyone? Incase he dies in her room,what is she going to tell everyone? Assuming someone barges into her room this very moment,all odds are going to go against her.

As if the whole universe was against her into massive trouble, someone just barged into her room. It's not like she could have done something to clear the mess even if the person was to knock before entering. It was Fareed.
God! This is bad. He might have been drawn to her room by her screams. Fareed stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw the bloodied unconscious man in the room. His head lay in his own pool of blood. It was his head that was bleeding the most. Fareed noticed the gash wound at one side of his temple. His eyes widened further when he saw Fareeda holding a hockey stick that had blood on it.

To add to the already pending trouble,Mariya also barged into the room, shouting Fareeda's name on too of her voice. Her reaction to the whole scene was no different from Fareed's.
She didn't like the look on their faces. Something about was accusing and disappointing. She had to do something to change their minds. To tell them it wasn't her fault.

" Believe me,guys, I didn't do it intentionally." She sobbed, pointing a finger at the unconscious man.
They are her siblings. If they don't believe her,no one else will.

Fareed rushed to her side and engulfed her in a bear hug. Mariya managed to unstrap the toddler from her mother's back and cooed her into keeping quiet.

" C'mon. We believe you." He assured her. Truth be told,the whole scene was shocking to Mariya and Fareed and they needed at least a few seconds to let the whole thing sink in.
They weren't judging her. Everyone would be shocked to witness a sight similar to this, especially Mariya,who still had the notion that everything happened because she decided to trash Hassan's threats and trust Zayn for the solution to her problem.

Fareed dreaded what would have happened if Fareeda was the one in place of the unconscious stranger.
The twins' serene moment was distracted when Fareed felt some warm liquid right below his ribs. It had made his shirt stick to his skin.
He broke the hug to check what it was just to see his white shirt profusely stained with blood. He knew very well that it wasn't his because he couldn't feel the pain that should have been accompanied by the blood,which only meant that,it's from his sister.

He carefully scanned Fareeda's body for any possible injuries and he saw about a four inch long cut on her arm.

" How did this happen?" Fareed asked, pointing at the wound,a frown marring his forehead. The wound isn't a small one.
Mariya also drew closer to examine the new found wound on her sister.

" Was it him?" Mariya asked, referring to the man lying in a pool of blood on the floor.

" Yes." Fareeda nodded." He tried to stab me. I tried to dodge and he got my arm. That's when I decided to strike him with the hockey stick. He deserved it." She explained.