Chapter 17- Yearning hearts

" Wow!" Mariya exclaimed as Zayn drove them into his mansion. She used to bluff about the magnificence of her father's house but Zayn's was on another level. As long as the house in question is her new home,then more bluff.

" Your house is beautiful." She complimented. Her eyes gleamed with delight.

The whole mansion was illuminated to bits. Fairy lights adorned the sides of the drive way that led to the main house. In basic language,the mansion was a modern structure,with a touch of traditional essence. Just like the way Khayra had wanted it to be.
He parked his Tesla amongst the two other cars in the garage,and both of them stepped out of the car.

Mariya took a last glance at the exterior of the mansion before they made their way into the house. The new environment screamed one word__ Luxury!
At its peak.

Sarauniya Aisha had suggested that the couple should should be escorted with a grand royal procession. However,they had denied the offer. The wedding day, though interrupted,held enough grandeur to suffice them.
In that case,they left the palace after going through a session of advice from the elders of the royal family. It was a whole lecture on the concept of marriage.

A few workers were at the hall,to welcome Mariya into her new house. She was told that all her belongings had already been shifted into the house. That would relieve her of the burden of having to unpack by herself .

Zayn casted his gaze on Mariya who was busy taking in the little details of the grand hall. Above them was a huge chandelier that hung from the ceiling. The pale rays of light that radiated from it shone on her melanin filled skin, boosting its elegance in the while.

She looked graceful __ just as always.

" Don't tell me you live here with the workers only.Aren't you scared?" Mariya inquired, turning to look up to him for an explanation. Her only concern at the moment was if he wasn't scared,living in such a huge house alone.

" Scared?" He chuckled." I'm not. I bought this house with a dream in mind." He simply uttered, looking away from her.

" A dream? What dream?" She asked with a questioning look. The words that Zayn had just uttered didn't seem to correlate with what she had inquired.

" You know..." He started." Some dreams die. It died and I did nothing to save it."

That dream was Khayra. He had bought the mansion because she liked it and wanted them to live in it after their wedding.
Their dream was to expand their family in that mansion. They had funny plans of filling up the house with many children __ their children.
Unfortunately,just like Khayra,his dream had died. Yet, its soul haunted him everyday, reminding him of his failure and the promise he had shattered.

Mariya only nodded, though she couldn't decipher what he was talking about. She didn't know how his dreamed had died but it seemed to have a great effect on him. Once again,he spotted that look. The remains of the ' tough guy' facade, after it had fallen off.

The urge to relieve him of all his pain came creeping through her body once again. This time,she did nothing to fight it. Instead, she found his left hand that was pinned to his side. Intertwining it with hers,she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. It didn't end there. Holding his hand,she caressed it gently with her thumb.

Zayn's eyes dilated slightly in surprise. It was exactly what he needed at the moment and he got it without even asking for it. It felt just right.
In the act,her finger grazed the cold wedding band that adorned his ring finger.

That's him. Her husband. The man who overlooked her flaws and saw the best of her when others had refused to. The one who never failed to be available, whenever she needed him.It's only fair that she has his back as he's in a turmoil.
As wierd as it sounds, he's her husband and it will only be right if she makes the marriage work. This was the path her destiny had chosen for her and she was ever ready to honour it.