Chapter 9- Just a pawn

One by one,the Malik Industries' business partners filed out of the conference hall after the meeting that was held to invent a project that would be beneficial to all the present companies,if implemented.

Back in the conference hall,Zayn sat right across Eskander on a huge rectangular table. Both of them had their eyes on one man who was also seated amongst them.
This man seated right there amongst them had opposed the foolproof module of the project which majority of people making up the partnership have decided on.
His reasons? Unknown.

Zayn sighed in exasperation and threw Eskander a glance. Eskander's expressions mirrored his. These old people and their problems.

" What did you say was your problem again?" Zayn eyed the man. His gaze, unwavering.

" I simply don't agree with the terms and conditions of this project. Mr.Malik,you are simply demanding too much." The man spoke with the ver last ounce of confidence left in him.
He thought it would be easier to have his way with the company since Sultan Lawal has handed the company over to his youngest son but he was wrong. This young man is rather  too hard to swoon and his mere presence is intimidating.
He wondered where all his confidence had ran off to.

Eskander tossed a file over to him. It contained all the details of the impending project.

" Mr. Damilola," He beckoned. "Point out a single flaw from the project and we'll lower our demands towards you." Eskander spoke confidently, knowing the whole project has been properly filtered by the members of the board, leaving no space for complaints.
The man didn't bother to go through the file because he was part of the people who made up the whole project but he thinks Zayn is demanding too much effort from his company. He would have found a way to handle the whole issue if it was Sultan Lawal in place of Zayn,he would have used the man's own compassionate nature against him but he's stuck with a bunch of youngsters.

" Fine, Do what you can." Zayn finally agreed to the man's demands, making his lips split into a satisfied smirk. He's gotten what he wants.

" ...but your profit percentage depends on your input percentage." Eskander added and long gone was the smirk that once sat proudly on Mr. Damilola's face.

Now it was Zayn's turn to smirk. The old man thought he could have his way with them.

Eskander burst into one hilarious fit of laughter right after the man left the conference hall. As if he had been holding it in for long.

Zayn threw a glance at Eskander who was still laughing hilariously and shook his head.
Too bad he's stuck with this weirdo.

"The old guy thought he could fool us." Eskander commented after finally getting hold of himself.

" These people are getting out of hand. Renin hankali kawai" Zayn chuckled,his eyes still set on the door through which the man had just exited.
There's a lot of work to be done with regards to the man.

*~*

Mariya was quite perplexed with regards to the news the media has just released. It seemed authentic and from the right source because she was starring at the screen of her phone which showed Sultan Lawal himself, announcing Zayn as the crown prince of Kano. Meaning,the next in line to the throne of the Emirates of Kano.
Everyone thought Emraan would automatically be the next in line since he's the eldest but Zayn...? No wonder he is so hell bent on clearing Hassan who's clearly a threat to the throne.

This news is going to take a blow on Kano. Kind of hard to believe. And Zayn didn't deem it necessary to inform her. Definitely, Sultan Lawal wouldn't have made this grand announcement without consulting any of his sons, though the reason why Emraan abdicated is still a mystery to her.