Chapter 12- Wedding party

"Zayn?" He heard his sister call out to him as she entered the walk-in closet. He then turned to look at her.
She might have heard him clatter about in distress.

   " What's wrong,Zainny?" She asked,a frown marring her forehead, which mirrored his expressions.

" Nothing much. I'm just looking for something." He lied, fixing his expressions in the process. She might have been drawn into the walk-in closet when she heard him groan and probably,the sound of his phone crashing against the wall.

    Yasmeen didn't believe the answer her brother had given her so she stood still in the door frame of the closet, eyes narrowed at him, starring the hell out of him to see if for once,if his resolve will someway, somehow waver. She only wanted him to admit that what he just told her was a lie.

   She sighed after giving up trying to pursue him.
" You can't keep pretending you are fine when we know you are not." She said, closing up to him after taking a few steps.
She then brought up a hand to cup his cheeks, leaving him with no other option but to fully direct his gaze towards her.
She knew very well,what he had gone through after Khayra's death and that,he feared the same thing might happen to Mariya.
" It's okay not to be okay sometimes. If this has got to do with Mariya encountering the same thing that had happened to Khayra,then you have got nothing to worry about. Just trust Allah. He's not cruel to let the same thing happen to Mariya. Besides, worrying won't help."

      Zayn nodded, confirming the validity of his sister's words. It's been long since he heard his sister make such impactful speeches. The university she attended seemingly fits her very well.

    The moment was interrupted by the ringing of Zayn's phone that was lying somewhere in the huge closet. He had even forgotten about it for the time being.
  He made his way to pick up his phone and was relieved to see Mariya's name as the caller ID that glared from his phone's screen. The screen was shattered in a few areas due to the harsh impact that was created earlier.

   " I'm sorry. I missed your calls. My phone was in my room while I was downstairs", Came Mariya's apologetic voice,as soon as the call got connected.

   " C'mon. There's no need for an apology. I only called to check up on you. How are you doing,by the way?"

"Alhamdulillah." She remarked." I was quite engrossed, preparing myself for the big event. How are the preparations going on your end?"

  "It's all good. Then I'll leave you to continue whatever you were doing,since I only called to check on you. See you tomorrow, In Shaa Allah." Zayn stated and then ended the call after exchanging a few pleasantries with her.

    That 'In Shaa Allah' was must.

  He brought up a hand to his temple to massage away the slight headache that was building up in his head, releasing a small sigh in the process.
He got worked out for nothing.

    Yasmeen snapped her fingers at him, making him swivel his head towards her.
" I told you she's doing just fine." She stated the obvious.

  " I know but I wanted to be sure." Zayn explained, trying to justify his actions. He really can't afford to loose someone like Mariya.

   " You and your trust issues..." Yasmeen rolled her eyes at her brother." __ match made in hell." She added,and then quickly but steady,she made her way out of the walk-in closet. The aim was to annoy him and now the goal has been achieved, she's got to sign out before he pounces on her because he clearly looked pissed by her statement.

   Mission accomplished.

    Eyes narrowed into tiny slits at his sister's retreating figure, Zayn shook his head in disappointment. When will this girl change? Annoying him must be etched down somewhere as part of her daily routine. Next time, he'll sell her away if possible.