That's Hot

"Hey, baby bro," Sissy called from the couch looking as gorgeous as ever with a glass of dark red wine in her hand that perfectly matched her lipstick. I dropped my keys, wallet and phone on the table by the front door and asked, "What's going on here?" Sissy glanced at Officer Madigan sitting next to her on the couch caressing a second glass of wine and appearing quite stunning out of uniform.

"Tessa gets off early on Friday's so I asked her over for drinks," Sissy replied before daintily sipping her wine. I looked between the two of them and asked, "And when did she tell you this?" Sissy waved her hand through the air and said, "We've been texting back and forth for the last few days."

She stood and strode over to me saying, "Tessa told me our report went through last night and that they picked up those nasty little boys just this morning."

"Yeah, I heard," I replied, and Sissy's perfectly shaped brows creased.

"How did you hear?" Offic--Tessa asked standing up. I looked back over my shoulder and Octavia emerged from behind me smiling sheepishly.

"Octavia!" Sissy gasped, setting down her glass and wrapping her in a warm hug.

"So, this is the infamous Octavia," Tessa said placing her glass down upon the coffee table in front of the couch and walking over to us. Octavia pulled away from Sissy and signed, "I don't know about infamous." Tessa looked at Sissy and I and asked, "Is she deaf?" I shook my head and replied, "Speech impaired." Tessa nodded and turned to Octavia saying, "You made my job a lot easier by sending those pictures to your friend here."

Octavia shrugged and smiled awkwardly trying to appear humble. Sissy took Octavia's bookbag and set it aside saying, "Well, come in, come in, girly. I have so much to tell you. How did you convince your aunt to let you come visit?" Octavia glanced at me then at the police officer sipping wine and signed, "Crying, mostly." The two women looked at me for translation and I said, "Crocodile tears, how else?" I would tell Sissy the truth after Officer Madigan left. I couldn't very well confess to kidnapping with her in the room.

Sissy sat down on the couch and patted the cushion beside her. Octavia sat and Sissy grabbed the half-empty bottle of wine off the coffee table.

"Bit of Bordeaux, Chase?" she asked splashing some more into her own glass. I glanced at the three of them feeling anxiety twist in my gut and replied, "Sure, just let me change real quick." I darted down the hall and into my room, gently closing the door before closing my eyes and exhaling slowly.

There was a cop in my house, and I had just kidnapped a girl. It didn't matter if she went willingly. She was a minor and I didn't have custody of her. I was guilty of harboring a runaway at the very least. Breathe. I took a deep breath and removed my scrubs. As far as Officer Madigan knew, Octavia was just visiting a friend. I threw on a pair of baggy sweatpants and a Blackpink t-shirt and took a few cleansing breaths before leaving my room.

Upon my return, I found Sissy, Octavia and Tessa giggling on the couch together like they had been friends for years. I sat down on the recliner and asked, "What's so funny?" Octavia looked at me and gestured, "Sissy was telling us about your first date with Barapha at the ice rink. She says you ended up working behind the counter."

"It was more fun than skating. That place was crazy on Friday night," I said as Sissy handed me a glass filled with wine. I took a long drink and looked at Tessa asking, "What happens now?" She met my gaze and said, "What?"

I shook my head and mumbled, "Never mind. It's your night off." Her face lit up with understanding and she said, "Oh, you mean with your case." I nodded and she glanced at Octavia.

"She's cool," I said, and Tessa nodded saying, "The boys were being questioned when I left. The evidence you provided is pretty damning so I'd say bail will be anywhere from five hundred to a couple thousand dollars for the kid who threw the balloons. Then there will be a hearing. I can't say if his friends will be charged with anything since they were merely witnesses."

"Will we go to court?" Sissy asked and Tessa shrugged replying, "Depending on how the hearing goes and how they plead. If it's guilty they can choose to go with a jury or just a judge. Since there was no physical damage to your person, I wouldn't count on a sentence longer than ninety days. Unless this isn't their first offense."

We were silent for nearly a minute before Sissy said, "That was hot." Tessa took a sip of wine to hide the blush spreading across her cheeks.