Pizza

"Okay, I texted Tawnie," Octavia signed and my brow creased in confusion.

"The girl I poured coffee on?" I asked and Octavia nodded replying, "You know she's really not as bad as I thought she was. Ever since you put the whammy on her, she's been a lot nicer. Turns out she's got a lot of trauma packed into that fat head of hers and she was acting out because of it." She gave me a withering look and continued, "I've basically become her therapist. Burden of being a mute, but it's really loosened her up. She's even trying to learn ASL."

"Well, that's really sweet, but do you honestly trust her to lie for you?" I asked and Octavia smirked deviously saying, "After all the shit she's told me in the last few weeks, the CIA couldn't get her to rat on me."

"A friendship built on blackmail. How wholesome," Sissy mumbled after I relayed what Octavia had said. I turned back to Octavia and asked, "What exactly did you tell her?"

"Okay, I told Tawnie that I'm spending the weekend with a guy my aunt doesn't approve of and that I told Charlotte I was staying with her. I've had Tawnie over a few times and Charlotte loves her so it's all cool," Octavia signed.

"What if Charlotte calls Tawnie's parents to verify?" I inquired and Octavia grinned saying, "Taken care of. Tawnie is going to Beth's for the weekend. She told her parents that I'm going to be there as well, but that Charlotte doesn't like Beth so if Charlotte calls, to tell her that it's just me and Tawnie."

"And was Charlotte upset that you took so long to get ahold of her?" I asked and Octavia shrugged replying, "A little bit. I just told her my phone was on the fritz and now she's talking about buying me a new one." She smiled and I sighed fighting the urge to open another bottle of wine.

After filling Sissy in, she clapped her hands together and said, "Now that that's handled, how 'bout we order a pizza or something? I'm starving."

I raised an eyebrow at her and asked, "For pizza?" She rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone retorting, "The pizza's for Octavia, nerd," she smiled salaciously, "The pizza boy is for me. You remember that Black Dog I hooked up with at Samael's the day you met Octavia?"

I nodded and she continued, "He works at Papa Vito's as a delivery boy. Said he could get me a discount whenever I wanted." She tittered excitedly and dialed Papa Vito's number.

Fifteen minutes later, Octavia and I were in the living room watching Psych and eating pizza--half pepperoni and half jalapeño and pineapple. Octavia glanced at me and signed, "You're disgusting." I took a bite of jalapeño and pineapple pizza and laughed saying, "Sweet and spicy, O, it's the perfect combination."

We fell silent suddenly as an array of noises floated down the hallway and into the living room. Octavia looked awkwardly away and took a bite of pizza signing with one hand, "Speaking of perfect combinations."

I snorted and nearly choked on my pizza. The wine had definitely gone to my head. The noises grew louder, Sissy screaming with pleasure as the pizza boy howled like the dog he was.

Octavia cleared her throat and tried to focus on the television which I turned up to cover the sound of bed springs being pushed to the limit and something slamming repeatedly into the wall.