Sharing is Caring

"Do you guys know how weird it is to only understand one side of a conversation?" Sissy wondered pouring herself another cup of coffee and dumping in a tablespoon of sugar and a shot of whiskey. 

I let go of Octavia's hands and moved back to my stool and my cup of green tea before saying, "If you want to understand both sides maybe you should learn sign language." Sissy rolled her eyes and sipped her Irish coffee. 

"I know 'thank you.'" She touched her chin. "And 'no.'" She tapped her first two fingers against her thumb. "And 'fuck you.'" She flicked me off and said, "What more do I need to know? " 

I raised my eyebrows and muttered, "Someone's in a mood. I thought you'd be all sunshine and rainbows after last night's Bacchanalia." She sighed and sat down next to me resting her head on my shoulder. 

"You'd think. But you know humans, they wear off so fast," she murmured glancing over at Octavia who blushed madly and hastily resumed writing her essay. Sissy leaned into me wrapping both her arms around my left and she whispered, "And I didn't get to enjoy an ice cold breakfast this morning." My face grew warm and she giggled. 

"I hate his guts but the boy has got power. The best thing about being with him was the feeds...that and the sex. Man's got stamina. Still can't believe he's gay," she murmured almost disappointedly. She tugged on my sleeve and whined, "I'm hungry, Chase. Share with me." 

"No," I said. The word came out of my mouth before I could stop it. Octavia looked up at us with wide eyes probably expecting us to start making out. Sissy whined again and shook me nearly causing me to spill my tea. 

"Come on, Brubby! I always share with you!" she cried and Octavia snorted in amusement before covering her mouth and flipping her paper over to write on the other side. 

"No," I said again trying to pull away from my sister but her arms were latched onto me like a leech. She pouted, "Why?" I stood up and she followed me still not letting me go. 

"Because," I replied, unwilling to admit the reason. Octavia was trying fiercely not to die of laughter as I drug Sissy through the kitchen. 

"Because why?!" she cried jumping up and down like a child not getting her way her tits nearly flopping out of her flimsy tank top. 

"Because you might ruin it!" I shouted looking away from her. I wanted to help her. She was my sister and I loved her, but she was being over-dramatic. She didn't know what it was like to be starving all the time, but repulsed by the idea of doing what you had to in order to feel better. 

"Ruin what?" she asked finally letting go of my arm. I looked at her and mumbled something incoherent. She raised a perfect eyebrow at me and I sighed. 

"For the first time in my life I actually feel satisfied, and I enjoyed getting here. I don't want you to fuck it up," I said and she gasped, "Chase! You just said the F word!" I rolled my eyes and walked away from her. 

She trotted after me saying, "I'm sorry. Really. I forget sometimes how rare it is for you to get what you need without feeling like shit afterwards." 

She was right. Whenever I fed, I usually felt awful afterwards. Nowadays it was because I hated taking advantage of people. I hated rejecting people because when they were enamored, which was often the result after feeding, rejecting them broke their hearts, made them weep and beg until the spell was lifted. I didn't like causing pain even if it was temporary. Or occasionally people died like Octavia's dad. 

Back in the old days it was worse. Nearly a century and a half ago I fed like Sissy did and I let people do whatever they wanted to me no matter how much I didn't want it. I thought of it like payment; I got a meal and whoever I was feeding on got to have their way with me. It didn't occur to me that there was another way to do things until over fifty years after I came into my powers. 

"So you really enjoyed being with Barapha?" Sissy asked quietly. I looked at her and nodded saying, "Yeah, I really did." She pursed her lips suspiciously and leaned towards me. 

"And he really didn't try anything with you?" she asked and something told me she wouldn't hesitate to beat Barapha senseless if he had. I shook my head and said, "No. After I told him I didn't want to, he didn't try anything." 

"Even in the shower?" she continued as if it were so hard to believe. I nodded slowly and replied, "Yeah, even in the shower." She shook her head in confusion and inquired, "Then what were you guys doing in there? You were in there for ages." My face flushed and her eyes widened. I wasn't sure why I was blushing at the memory. We hadn't done anything that merited blushing...maybe that was the point. 

"We just showered. I washed and conditioned his hair for him," I said and her eyes widened so much I thought they might pop out of her head and she covered her mouth with her hand. That was an odd reaction. 

"He-he let you wash his hair?" she asked incredulously removing her hand from her face. I raised a bemused eyebrow at her and answered, "Yeeeah." 

"Oh my god," she said and she sounded confused. She shook her head and paced through the living room repeating, "Oh my god." That time sounded ominous, almost afraid and then, "Oh my god!" She sounded excited. 

"What?" I asked warily and she looked at me. Her expression was a mixture of envy, excitement and terror. She giggled and replied, "Nothing." She bounced over, kissed me on the cheek and said, "I'm gonna see if Taylor is home and maybe bum a snack. You stay here and...watch Octavia or something. I'll be back in a bit." She left the apartment like a sexy hurricane leaving me to wonder what the freak just happened.