Primordial Child of Chaos

We arrived back at her apartment. She opened the door and went inside. I hesitated briefly by the door and she looked back at me.

"You're not a vampire, are you?" she signed and I nearly laughed. I shook my head and she gestured for me to come in. That made me wonder if a vampire could be invited in via sign language. I'd have to ask a vampire next time Sissy drug me to Samael's.

I entered her apartment, closing the door behind me and looked around. Center Park wasn't home to the most high end of apartments, but they were okay...but this place was trashed.

I followed her into the kitchen and set the grocery bag down on the counter. There was a pile of dirty dishes in the sink and stains on the counter top. I fought the urge to grab a rag and start cleaning.

"Sorry the place is so gross. I haven't had a chance to clean up this week," she signed and I brushed it off. She unloaded the groceries and put them up. I got a glimpse into her refrigerator and saw a few rumpled take-out containers and some expired orange juice.

She turned and again asked, "So are you going to tell me what you are or do you want me to guess?" It might be fun if she guessed. Nah.

"I'm an incubus," I replied and waited for the backlash. Either she would think I was a giant pervert and kick me out...or she would think I was a giant pervert and ask me to take her to bed.

"What's that?" she asked and I blinked. She didn't know. This might be interesting.

"I'm a type of Mythic," I said and she made a face and signed, "Well duh." I smiled and continued, "It's a little difficult to explain. A lot of people say we're demi-gods." Her jaw dropped and she quickly signed, "You mean like Percy Jackson?"

"Um, sort of...I guess," I replied glad I knew what she was talking about. I continued, "Obviously no Camp Halfblood or anything like that, but Incubi and Succubi are thought to be the sons and daughters of Eros."

"What are S-U-C-K-U-B-I?" she asked incorrectly fingerspelling the word Succubi. I waved my hand through the air and replied, "Just a female version of Incubi. Daughters of Eros." She nodded and was silent for a moment.

"So are we talking cute little Cupid Eros or Primordial Child of Chaos Eros?" she asked and I was surprised there were signs for some of those words.

"You know your Greek Mythology, huh?" She grinned and nodded. She had a lovely smile.

"Not sure actually. I don't think about it too much. All I know is that we feed off of sexual energy which is tied to the life force which is why your...dad died."