Sing!

"Sing! You have to siiiing!" I cried flopping all over Barapha and shoving the microphone in his face. Barapha laughed and touched my face sapping the warmth from my skin as he said, "Gods, you're cute when you're drunk." I pouted and turned away from him whining, "I'm not drunk."

He smirked and said, "Careful with that bottom lip, Chase, or I might try and bite it off." I pushed my lip out further and he leaned forward. His teeth clamped down on my bottom lip just hard enough to draw blood and I sighed as his ice-cold tongue licked the blood from my chin. I climbed into his lap as the kiss deepened my hands twisting through his snow-white hair.

His hands moved to my waist slipping up the back of my shirt and causing the sweat to freeze on my skin. I fed for several minutes before releasing him and blinking glitter from the edge of my vision. I giggled breathlessly and stumbled off the couch walking over to the box's personal phone.

"Alright!" I shouted reaching for the phone, "More drinks and then you're gonna sing."

"I'm not going to sing, Chase," he said, and I sighed replying, "We are in a private karaoke box in Japan. You have to sing." Barapha rolled his eyes and mumbled, "I'm not a good singer." I scoffed and retorted, "So? Karaoke isn't about being good it's about having fun." I set my hand on his shoulder and continued, "Don't be embarrassed. It's just me. I promise I won't laugh...probably." I giggled and grabbed the phone ordering another round of drinks.

"Alright. What about this one?" I asked flicking through the song options with one hand and picking up my new Nigori sake and Gin cocktail with the other. Barapha raised an eyebrow at me and retorted, "Foreigner, Chase, really?" I laughed and nudged him with the remote saying, "But baby, you're as cold as ice." He rolled his eyes and snatched the controller out of my hand fighting a smile.

I was tossing back the rest of my drink when he finally picked something. I set my glass down and asked, "What is it?" I stared at the screen trying to translate the kanji into English in my booze boggled mind. He covered my eyes with one hand and said, "It's a surprise." I hummed as the music started and smiled saying, "I like surprises." He removed his hand from my face and picked up the microphone. I leaned back in the couch and watched as a nervous flush traveled all the way back to his slightly pointed ears. He gripped the microphone tighter and said, "Don't look at me." I smiled and murmured, "I'm not."

The lyrics popped up on the screen in kanji and before I could decipher them, Barapha began. My eyes widened. He wasn't singing, he was rapping so quickly in Japanese I could hardly keep up. Heat rushed to the surface of my skin as I caught a few key phrases and I stared at him.

He reached out without taking his eyes off the screen and grabbed my face, turning it so that I was forced to look at the screen instead of him. A stupid huge grin spread across my face, and I grabbed a second mixed drink off the tray on the table in front of the couch we were sitting on. Several minutes later the song ended and Barapha gently set the microphone down on the table. He grabbed a shot glass filled with whisky and knocked it back before glancing at me and asking, "So, what do you think?"

I stared at him for a long moment, buzzing from the booze, my skin flushed with sudden desire. He shifted uncomfortably and grabbed another shot raising it to his lips. I tilted my head to one side and replied, "I think if I wasn't ace, I'd fuck your brains out." He sputtered and set down the shot glass swallowing hard and trying not to cough. I laughed and he looked at me, his face flushing purple as the dark blue blood within rushed to the surface. I giggled and reached out to squeeze his face in my hand saying, "You're cute when you blush, you know."

He blinked several times and curled his icy fingers around my wrist saying, "Chase, you're very drunk." I smiled and replied, "Yes, a lot." He pulled my hand away from his face and held it in his own saying, "Okay, because you're drunk, I'm gonna let this one slide, but I need you to understand that despite how much I want to respect your boundaries if you say something like that to me again, I might not be able to control myself."

I giggled and mumbled, "Ooh, scary." He sighed and said, "I'm serious, Chase. I have boundaries too and this is one of them." I blinked blearily at him before smiling and reaching out with my free hand to boop him on the nose. I giggled and said, "You are so fucking hot when you're serious."

He sighed again and let go of my hand saying, "Alright, I think that's enough karaoke for one day." He grabbed the remote and stood pointing it at the screen and clicking back to the home screen. I whined and flopped around on the couch saying, "No! Do another song. It was so good. It made me feel a certain kind of way that I never felt before. 'Cept when I'm sucking face, obvi." I laughed and pulled at the collar of my shirt. It was sweltering in here.

Barapha stared at me for a long time before shaking his head and saying, "Nope. We're leaving." He grabbed my froggy backpack and slung it over his shoulder before picking up the private phone and informing the front that we were done. They ran his card, and he turned back to look at me.

"Oh no you don't," he said rushing over and scooping me up just as I was reaching for the last shot of whisky. I cackled and choked down the shot before he threw me over his shoulder, and we disappeared in a miniature snowstorm.