Feeling Alive

We fell backwards onto the tile floor and after a few minutes the sparkling haze receded to the edge of my vision and I realized I was sitting in Sissy's lap and she had her arms wrapped so tightly around my body I could barely breathe.

"Oh no, Sis, don't be jealous. I'm not really into chicks, but I'm sure I could make an exception for youuu," Barapha cried advancing towards us on all fours. He was already beginning to regenerate. He reached for me and I noticed his fingers were trembling.

"Now, let me have this back. I wasn't finished," he said grabbing onto my wrist and trying to pull me away from my sister. His grip was weak, barely more than human, but it was still shockingly cold and I felt goosebumps spread up my arm. I shivered and tried to pry Sissy's arms from around my body. Surprisingly her arms shook and loosened. She was usually ten times stronger than I was.

"You've had enough," Sissy said glaring at Barapha. He grinned and replied, "Maybe I have, but has he?" Sissy's arms tightened around me and I squirmed.

"W-why do we hate him again?" I inquired and my voice crackled in my ears like electricity. Everything looked shiny and new. I wondered if this was how Sissy felt all the time. Sissy glared at me before dragging me to my feet. Barapha was still holding onto my wrist and when Sissy lifted me up he came as well stumbling and swaying until he keeled forward slumping against me and nearly knocking Sissy and I back to the ground. He was a lot heavier than he looked.

"Yeah, Sis, why do you hate me again?" he teased taking her face in his hand and absorbing her warmth with a moan of pleasure. She raised her foot with a quite unladylike growl and kicked him in the stomach sending him stumbling backwards. He only just caught himself on the bar and pulled himself back upright.

"Maybe because you're an asshole with no regard for human life? Or maybe because you dated me for two years before you finally told me you were gay and had only been with me for the feeds. Take your pick," she snarled and he smirked.

"Oh yeeeaah," I said looking up at the ceiling temporarily blinding myself with the flashing lights. I felt incredible. I felt drunk and high at the same time and yet impossibly focused. I felt strong and happy and I felt like having another drink and another lick of that gorgeous hunk of snow cone...eh? Did I just think that?

I suddenly began laughing hysterically and everyone stared at me. Octavia was watching with apparent interest sipping at a can of 7up she had somehow acquired. She knew Mythics existed, she actually went to school with a few, but she had never experienced things this close up. It was intriguing, especially this Barapa character and Chase was acting like a completely different person...It was better than television.

"But he tastes really niiice, Sissy. Doesn't that make up for it?" I asked breathless with laughter.

"He said he loved me, Chase, what's wrong with you?" she snapped letting go of me and giving me a look.

"Everyone says they love you," I muttered before spinning around and asking the bartender for another drink. "And there is nothing wrong with me. I feel fantastic!"

She stole the drink out of my hands and said, "You don't need this." I showed her my best pouty face and then I grinned.

"I thought this is what you wanted, Sis. I thought you wanted me to relax and have fun and feed. Look at me, doing all that and you're still upset at me," I whined trying to take my drink back. She shoved the drink into my hands and huffed angrily.

"Yeah, and I'd be so proud of you if you weren't relaxing and having fun with the overgrown Popsicle that broke my heart," she said sharply and I sighed sipping at my whiskey.

"You need to get over that, Sis, it was years ago. He's an ass, they're everywhere. I'm surprised you couldn't tell he was gay the moment you met him. Your gaydar is usually on point. Even I could tell," I muttered and she turned to glare at me, her eyes flared blue.

"You knew he was gay?!" she shrieked and again like half the club looked at us, before going back to grinding on the dance floor. I glanced at Barapha leaning on his elbow against the bar, his long white hair brushing the reflective table top, his mouth pulled up in a smirk, he looked as if he were trying to undress me with his ice blue eyes.

"Yeah, I did," I mumbled taking a long drink. She stared at me in awe, and her bottom lip began trembling. Oh no.

"I thought you knew, Sis. He literally spent most of the time he was around flirting with me," I said holding my hands up in surrender.

"But you never gave in to me, Little One," Barapha said suddenly hugging me from behind and squeezing my face in one of his large hands, the other arm twining around my chest. "You're such a good brother," he mocked his lips at my ear. He seemed to be nearly fully healed.

"Or maybe I just wasn't interested," I managed to say despite his hand on my face. He whined and and then chuckled sliding his freezing hand down the front of my body across my chest and my flat abdomen down to my narrow hips.

"You seem to be interested now," he whispered his nimble fingers hesitating at the waistband of my pants. I squirmed against him suddenly powerless and he giggled gleefully. The hand around my face moved down to circle my neck and he shivered with delight at the feel of my pulse against his fingers and suddenly I felt ice tearing through my veins.