Cracking Ice

His lips moved from my mouth and slid down to my throat humming with pleasure at the heat of my quickening pulse.

His hand moved from my neck, clever fingertips trailing down my spine, his palm pressed against the small of my back urging me forward and he took a step back. I had no choice but to stumble after him.

I felt his teeth on my skin like razor sharp points of ice and my hands automatically seized clutching at his arms. I didn't like pain.

His right hand came up to pet the side of my head. His fingers were tender, caressing as he gripped my chin and tilted my head gently to the side.

"This won't hurt, Chase. I'm very good at what I do," he whispered, his frosty breath numbing my neck. There was a slight pinch and suddenly I felt my own hot blood running down my neck and Barapha's tongue against my flesh licking it away.

Barapha didn't need to drink blood but he liked to. It was like drinking hot chocolate, warming him from the inside. He didn't bite hard and he didn't take a lot. It was a treat. Unnecessary but enjoyable.

My hands relaxed and fell from his arms coming to rest at my sides. It didn't hurt. I let out the breath I had been holding and focused on the coolness spreading through my veins calming the heat of my embarrassment and shame.

I shouldn't be letting him do this to me. I shouldn't even let him stay in this house. He could hurt Octavia and Sissy would be pissed.

I bit down on my tongue as I felt his teeth in my flesh again going just deep enough to make me bleed.

"You heal so fast, Chase," he murmured taking another step back and another until he felt the edge of my bed against the back of his legs and he sat down dragging me with him and placing me on top of his thighs, my legs flopping out straight behind him. He gazed longingly at the trail of bright red dripping down my neck. The bite had healed again.

Barapha sighed and said, "You're so beautiful." He leaned forward and pulled down the collar of my shirt licking away the blood that had made it to the base of my neck. I stared at the wall behind him feeling his freezing tongue skimming up my neck, his hands on my body...He called me beautiful.

I had been called a lot of things in my life; cute, adorable, even sexy if Sissy was feeling particularly annoying, but not beautiful, at least not by anyone who wasn't related to me. Sissy was nearly always by my side and compared to her I was always just the 'cute little brother.' When she wasn't around I was hiding behind a pair of dorky glasses and baggy scrubs, sweat pants and t-shirts three sizes too big.

Barapha pulled away from my neck and looked at me. He leaned in to kiss me again but before he could I flung myself at him wrapping my bare arms around him and hugging him tight. I pressed my face into his shoulder and felt a shudder rock through my body partially from the cold and partially from...something else.

Barapha looked down at me and a dark blue blush spread under his skin. He got more than his fair share of touch, sex was a great way to generate heat, he had even been with an incubus before a long time ago, but there was something different about this...about me. And he felt it. A different sort of heat. A different sort of attraction. It warmed more than his skin, more than his blood...it warmed his heart to the point where the ice encasing it began to crack.

He hesitated for a moment and then his long muscular arms wound one around my lower back and one around my shoulders and he pressed his cheek against the top of my head sighing in a gust of frosty air.

I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I didn't want to let go of him and I didn't want him to let go of me. My heart was beating hard and my skin burned and I felt like crying. I was used to feeling like I was on fire, but after a good feed I usually cooled right down and feeding on Barapha had been very good, so why did I feel like there was a space heater inside my chest?

I felt his cold fingers against the bare skin of my back through the laddering of my distressed tank top and the heat beneath my skin flared in response. It was him. I was so hot because of him.

"Oh, Chase, " he sighed and he pushed me away just far enough to look at my face. He stared at me for a moment with a strange expression and then reached up to touch my cheek. I felt wetness smear beneath his fingers. I was crying and I didn't know why.

He made an odd sound like a whine mixed with a moan of pleasure and he leaned forward kissing away my tears, his tongue flicking against my skin. His hands gripped me so tightly it almost hurt and suddenly I was on my back and Barapha was straddling my hips, his palms flat against the mattress on either side of my head.