Scream

Oh God! Sissy was right. Barapha held grudges. He used me to get to Octavia. He was going to kill her! I rushed out of my room and down the hall expecting to see Octavia on the floor, Barapha covered in her blood. I did not expect to see Barapha frozen in front of the bathroom door steam erupting as the warm air touched his skin.

I saw Octavia in the bathroom wrapped in a towel signing angrily with one hand, clutching the towel to her chest with the other. All I caught was "Get out!" "Creep!" "Stop staring!" "Pervert!"

Barapha took a step back and she slammed the door in his face. I hadn't even heard the shower come on, but to be fair I had been a little bit distracted. The bathroom door opened again and Octavia emerged in an over-sized t-shirt and a tiny pair of shorts. She glanced at Barapha and then looked at me and she was furious.

"You knocked me out," she signed and I looked away from her. "You knocked me out to get me away from him and then you bring him here! How does that make sense?"

"I didn't bring him here, he was here when we got back--"

"And you just let him be here?" she snapped. I sighed and felt Barapha's arm wind around my hips, his lips at my ear.

"Are you sure I can't kill her?" he asked in a whisper. I grabbed his hand and took a deep breath.

"Octavia, this is my house. You are a guest. I can let whoever I want in here and I don't need your permission," I finally said and Octavia stared at me for a moment before angrily signing, "I didn't ask to stay here. You asked me."

"I felt sorry for you--"

"Bullshit!" she gestured sharply. "You felt sorry for yourself! You only suggested I stay here because you felt guilty for offing my dad. If you hadn't killed him you wouldn't even know I existed!"

"If I hadn't killed him you'd be dead!" There was a long moment of silence before Barapha exclaimed, "You killed your pet's father? That's so badass."

Octavia grimaced and signed in his face, "Not! A! Pet!" Then she whisked away carrying her dirty clothes in her arms. I stared at the floor in shock. I couldn't believe I just said that to her. What was wrong with me? It was true, but I shouldn't have said it like that. Why not? This was my house. I paid the bills. I was allowed to have whoever I wanted in my house. Who did she think she was?! I huffed angrily and grabbed a handful of Barapha's shirt shoving him into the bathroom and slamming the door shut after us.

"My, my, Chase, what's gotten into you?" he asked with a smile. I switched on the shower and then turned to him. I pushed him back against the door and slid my hands up his shirt feeling the ice cold curvature of his abdominal muscles.

"So how'd you kill the bitch's dad? I thought you were a pacifist or some shit," Barapha asked. I looked up at him and my eyes glowed blue.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I grumbled pulling his shirt off over his head. I stared at his muscular torso, his long white hair trailing down his back.

"Wow," I murmured reaching out to touch his chest. "You're kind of ripped." He smirked and leaned over me hooking his fingers under the waistband of my pants.

"And you're wasting hot water," he said removing my sweats and underwear in one swift movement. He looked me up and down and sighed, "You sure sex is off the table?" I rolled my eyes and reached up to take his face in my hands. I pressed my lips gently against his and flooded him with heat. His mouth opened and I tasted his life.

"It doesn't matter," I mumbled, my lips moving against his. "I can make you do whatever I want." I felt his hand clutch at my backside and I bit down on his bottom lip hard enough to make him bleed. His blood was like liquid nitrogen.

"You're only doing this because you're upset," he said breathlessly. I looked at him and asked, "Is that a problem?" He grinned and replied, "Not for me." I pulled another wisp of energy from his mouth and whispered, "Good, now take your pants off."