Moving In

What was I thinking?! How could I just tell this girl she could move in?! We barely knew each other! I didn't even ask Sissy about it first!

Guilt. Guilt made me do this. I ruined this girl's life and I wanted to make up for it, but letting her move in?! That was crazy! We didn't even have a spare bedroom! Where would she sleep?! Sure our couch was a pull out but that was hardly suitable. Oh gods! Suitable?!

I leaned back against the wall outside Octavia's apartment and took a deep breath. She was packing. She was packing! I couldn't let her do this. I was worried about the pull out couch being suitable! What about the crazy naked sex that went on almost every night? What about the Mythics wandering in and out of our apartment at all hours? Most of them weren't as friendly towards humans as Sissy and I were. What if one of them attacked her?!

I clutched at my chest. I'm having a heart attack! No. I shook my head. Not a heart attack. Just a panic attack. What was I thinking?!

I closed my eyes and took a few more deep breaths and hopped up and down a little and then pulled my phone out of my pocket. I had to call Sissy. I had to let her know. She couldn't just come home with a posse of enamored hippies and find a teenage girl living on the couch! Breathe! The air felt thin. I'm dying.

I went to my contacts and tried to decide if I wanted to call or text Sissy. Texting would be easier, but she might not answer right away...maybe that's what I wanted. I shook myself and called her. I had to get ahold of her right away.

After a few rings she answered.

"Hey, babe!" she shouted over the sound of electronic folk music. I took another breath and replied, "Heeey."

"What's wrong?" she asked switching from party mode to serious sister quick as blinking.

"Nothing," I assured her. I paused for a moment and then asked, "When are you gonna be home?" Music and yelling filtered over the phone for a few seconds before she replied, "I don't know. A couple more hours maybe. Why?" I hesitated, grit my teeth and said, "No reason. Just wondering. I'll see you then." I hung up before she could reply and put my phone back in my pocket.

I chickened out. I couldn't tell her. She'd figure it out when she got home and hopefully wouldn't make too much of a scene...Oh who was I kidding? She would definitely make a scene, but that was okay because I was used to it.

I sighed and went back into Octavia's apartment. She had one suitcase sitting by the door along with a laptop case, a book-bag filled with text books and binders, an old beat-up canvas shoulder bag and she was currently in the bathroom filling a duffle bag with toiletries.

After a few moment she came out and signed, "Sorry I have so much crap, but I don't want to have to come back here." She paused and looked at the kitchen. She sighed and said, "I just bought groceries."

"We can take them with us. I've been meaning to go shopping soon anyway," I said and she looked at me curious.

"Do you eat human food?" she asked. I smiled and replied, "I don't have to but I like to. Food is good." She grinned and nodded signing, "Food is good!"

I picked up all of her bags and briefly wondered why they felt so light and then remembered I wasn't starving for once and Incubi actually have super strength when they feed properly. She stared at me with wide eyes and I smiled self-consciously.

"I'll take these to my apartment and you can get the groceries ready and I'll come back," I said and she nodded. I left her place and climbed three flights of stairs to mine and who should I find standing in front of the door?

I dropped the bookbag and felt my face heat up with reasonless shame.

"Hey, Sis."