The Night of the Game

I closed down the shop for the day and was headed on my way when I hear a voice call from behind me. "Hey! Liz wait up!" I turn and look at Jonathan. Lately he's been coming into my shop and just bugging me. Not even reading just coming to 'talk'.

"Hey Liz. So the games tonight and I was um wondering if you wanted an upgrade on those seats for you and your brother?" He asked. Well obviously I wanted an upgrade the seats I had right now I would barely be able to see the puck.

"Jon, I can't accept that. It's too much, really. I'm fine where I am." I responded. I didn't want to get all giddy. I had a bunch of money now but I gave a good amount of it away to charity and I invested in some stocks. I still had a lot to live off of but I like to pay for my own things. I don't want his pity.

"No honestly Liz it's my treat. You don't have to take it but ask your brother, he might want to take it." He smirked. He knew exactly what my brother would say. The tickets were right behind the net of the Blackhawks. Perfect seating.

"Fine. I'll take them. But I swear if there's anything extra that comes along with these tickets..."

"There won't be. Scouts honor." He put up the Boy Scout sign.

"You were a scout?" I ask. He doesn't strike me as the 'living off the land in the woods' type of guy.

"No but I figured why not." So I put up the symbol to match his. "So where you headed?"

"Ricky's. I owe him money for a favor." Ricky had started charging me for every time I walked out of the restaurant alone.

"Mind if I tag along?" He asked. I knew what Ricky would say if I showed up with Jonathan but I agreed to let him come.

We arrived at Ricky's not much later. I open the door to see him standing at the podium. "Welcome to Ricky's, how may I-" he stopped and looked up. "Uh, hi Liz. Um who's your friend?" He stuttered. I just laughed. I knew this was gonna happen.

"Jon this is Ricky, Ricky this is Jon." I introduced the two of them.

"I know who you are oh my god this is huge. Big fan. Big fan." He managed to get out. Oh Ricky. "So Liz, you finally here with a date you have interest in?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Cut it out Rick, he's just a friend. I'm just here to pay the due for my bail the other night. " I handed him the money.

"Lil Lizzie you'd have a lot more cash if you would go out with a guy that's actually interesting." He said. Everyone's the same.

"Whatever. Danny's flying in tonight." I told him. His eyes lit up.

"Danny! I miss him haven't hung out in forever." Danny and Ricky have been friends since kindergarten. When Ricky was sixteen his family moved to Chicago. Ricky and Danny stayed in touch over the years. When I moved here Ricky took me under his wing. He was two years older and had much more experience in the city than I did.

"Why don't I give you an extra ticket to the game tonight and you can join the two of them?" We both turn to Jon. I shoot him a look that could kill and Ricky shoots him a look of pure joy.

"Seriously bro?! Sweet!" He ruffled my hair and took the tickets from Jon. I kept looking at Jon. He gave me a small smile. One that said 'oops'.

*****************
I was getting ready for the game when my phone rang. I see the unfamiliar number run across my screen. I pick it up only to hear the voice of the human being I don't want to see right now. "Hey Lizzie Liz!" Pats voice hurt my ear drum.

"Jesus Pat do you have to be so loud?" I ask him.

"I'm just excited to see ya tonight! Your bring your brother and his friend right?" He asks. My brother was in the living room right now and if he knew who I was talking to on the phone he might pee himself.

"Yeah but don't pull anything I don't want Danny knowing I'm friends with you goons."

"Goons? I think together we've only gotten into four fights in our careers. Goons is not the right word."

"Goodbye Kaner." I say to the boy. He says goodbye as well. This was going to be a long night.

"Sis! Hurry up I wanna get there for warm ups!" My brother yells from the other room. I walk out in my Keith jersey and leggings along with my Ugg boots. Jon and pat would kill me if they saw me wearing Keith's jersey but whatever. We got into a cab and headed out to the game.

*************
We got there just in time for warm ups. The boys stepped out onto the ice and tested out Crawford. A puck comes hurdling toward Ricky, Danny , and I. I look to the sight and see Pat and Jon laughing away as my brother and his friend sit in shock. "Woah Lizzie did you see that?! They are looking at you!" Danny exclaimed. If only you knew big bro. If only you knew.

"Obviously they are looking at her I mean she's like fr-" I put my hand over Ricky's mouth and told Danny we were going to get some snacks. "Ow! Liz what the hells that about?"

"I don't want Danny knowing that I'm friends with them just yet." I told him

"Why not?! He's clearly gonna approve!" I slapped him after that. He knew how I felt about relationships. Useless.

"Richard Egan you know how I feel about relationships. God they are just friends. Just please don't tell him. Please." I stuck out my lip in a puppy dog pout.

"Fine. But after the game they all better celebrate at my place." Another bet. Really?

"Well than that gives me two reasons for me to hope that they lose." I said and walked back to our seats. The game was about to start.

*************
Two hours later and the damn Blackhawks won. That means I have to get Pat and Jon to get the team to go to Ricky's AND I owe Jonathan a date. Oh man.

I call Jon to tell him about Ricky when a security guard taps my shoulder. "Excuse me are you...Ms. White?" He asked.

"Uh yeah?" I said unsure of where this was going.

"Come with me and bring your friends." I was really nervous now. I didn't want to get in trouble with the freaking UC! I tapped the boys shoulders and they looked as worried as I did. We followed the man down into the locker room area.

"Liz!" I turn and hear about five boys chant. Oh shit.

"Lizzie, how do the freaking Chicago Blackhawks know who you are?!" Danny yelled at me. Jonathan and Patrick appeared at my side and picked me up. I wanted to kill them.

"Yo Liz how'd the game look from the stands? 'Cause honestly a 5-3 win looked pretty freaking awesome on the ice!" Kaner cheered. I elbowed him in the ribs causing him to drop me and I wiggled out of Jonathan's grasp.

He turned my body and lifted my chin so I looked at him. "So about that date..." I glared at him and he chuckled. I turned to see Ricky with a smirk and Danny's chin down to the floor.

"You-you and-d Jonathan TOEWS?!" He screamed. Fan girl syndrome activated.

"No we are not together, idiot." I hear Peeks mumble something but I shrug it off. "So Jonnyboy I was wondering if you and the team wanted to go to Ricky's restaurant?" I gave him the eyes that said 'please I owe him'. He agreed to go.

Next stop, Ricky's. This outta be fun.