The Night of Kane, Forts, and Secrets

"Hello Eliza, it's Chad and Ricky."

My heart dropped. My fear was suddenly replaced with anger. I felt like I wanted to punch somebody. Hard.

"What the fuck do you want." I sneered into the phone.

"You. C'mon baby you know he's not treating you like I can." Ricky said into the phone trying to be seductive. Even though they couldn't see it through the phone I was rolling my eyes.

"Is that so? Well I mean if you liked it then you should've put a ring on it. Oh wait! You had your chance, Chad and I ditched you! Ha! As for Ricky, well, you lost your chance years ago." I could hear scoffs on the other end of the phone. I looked over at the rink from where I was standing, Pat was staring at me with a confused look. Was I really that obvious?

"Listen here, bitch. You better watch what you say because your precious little Jonny is gonna pay for it." I fake gasped at this invective.

"Oh my because you two scronny assholes think you can beat him up? Hahaha! Cute." I sassed them.

"Maybe it won't be us who comes at him. Either way, we will have you, Eliza. Don't even think about telling anyone bout this phone call. If you do than...well you know the consequences. Goodbye, love." I could feel Chad's hot breath through the phone. Ew.

I shivered from his words and went back to sit down with my sister. "Hey everything okay?" She asked me as I took my seat.

"Yeah, everything's fine." I reassured her with a smile. We watched the rest of the practice together, laughing at something Pat did or giggling at Jon's face during the drills. (A/N Y'all know the faces ;))

When the practice finished up twenty minutes later, we made our way to the lockerroom. "Can we come in?" I asked while Amber just strides right in the door without a care in the world.

Amber waltzed through the room knowing damn well that all the guys are staring at her. Why wouldn't they? She's absolutely stunning. Always has been.

Amber was your typical blonde captain of the cheerleading team, super outgoing, kind of an in your face person. However, she was a genius. She acted dumb but everyone knew she was Yale bound material.

Now here she was with all the guys eyes on her once again. Patrick was oblivious to it all because, well, he's Patrick. Not exactly the brightest bulb. She sat down on his lap in his stall. He had all of his gear on still.

I did the same to my fiancé once I got over the fact that there were a lot of hot half naked hockey players in front of me. "Hey bookworm."

Jon smiled sweetly. God his smile. "Sup Canada." I sat down in his stall.

"How'd you like the practice?" He asked me.

"Your penalty kill is looking solid." I told him truthfully. Jon's face lit up in a smile. I knew how much he loved getting compliments about his team.

"You think? Well I mean obviously it could use some-" before he began his ramble I kissed him. "Jumpy are we?" He smirked.

"Ew no PDA in here please!" Shaw shouted from across the room. I stuck my tongue out at him like a little kid and he returned the favor.

These boys were quickly becoming like brothers to me and I loved it.
**********

A couple hours later and Jon and I were watching the NHL network because what else would we watch?

"Oh shit I gotta go!" Jon jumped up quickly from his place on the couch.

"No stay come cuddle!" I begged him. Jon was going out for a "guys night" with some of the boys from the team. Hey I can't hold him back from hanging with his buddies even though I want to spend time with him.

"I'll see you later, Lizzie." He kissed my forehead, smiling while he did so. I watched him walk out the door. A few minutes later Patrick emerged from his bedroom. Amber was caught up at work for the night so he was alone as well.

"Well..." Pat started.

"Well what?" I asked the boy with the curly hair.

"What's wrong," he looked at me concerned. I sat silently. "C'mon Liz you and I both know something's bugging you. Just tell me."

Again I remained unresponsive. "Fine. If this is how we are gonna play it." He picked me up in his arms and threw me back down onto the couch where an intense tickle fight broke out.

After a good thirty seconds of not being able to breathe I finally spoke. "Okay...okay!" I finished up my giggle fit.

"You know my ex-fiancé, Chad." He nodded. "Well the dick decided to show up into my life again and him and Ricky are trying to ruin my relationship with Jon."

"What's the address for Ricky's again? I think I left my coat there the last time I was there. Maybe I should go down and sort it out." Pat's eyes were filled with anger, pure disgust pumped through his veins and an evil smile that I had never seen before was draped across his face.

"Pat please don't start anything. They said if I told anyone about the phone call than they would come after Jonny." I pleaded.

"Alright fine. I won't say anything to them but Liz if they so much as lay a finger on you or Jon than don't expect me to hold anything back. Hell I'll even invite Shawzie to join me!" We laughed at the thought of little Ricky compared to Andrew.

The rest of the night was spent watching Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 but not the third because well it kind of sucks. By the time Jon got home we had made a blanket fort, beer bottles were scattered across the coffee table, popcorn was on the ground from our brawl and an empty box of Captain Crunch was on the table in the kitchen.

"What the hell happened." Jon said as he entered the room. Pat and I were hiding in our fort, we giggled like school girls when he passed by our fortress.

"Hmm I wonder where they are?" He acted like he didn't know. Jon pulled the top blanket off of the fort and exposed Kaner and I hiding beneath.

"Aww Jonnyboy you ruined the fort!" Kaner pouted. I giggled at the boy sitting beside me. We were both a wee bit drunk by this point.

"Well I'm sorry if I ruined your beautiful fort Patty but we have a flight to catch tomorrow so you should probably be getting to bed."

"Ugh fine Captain Serious." Patty stumbled by Jonny on the way to his room.

"And as for you Ms. White," he grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet, "or should I say future Mrs. Toews. I think we should also be getting to bed."

"Carry me?" I asked, my bottom lip sticking out.

"Hop on." He bent down so I could jump on his back. I hopped on and we went into the bedroom. "So I take it you and Pat had a fun time?"

"Oh yeah we had a blast." I said slipping on my spandex and Blackhawks tshirt, Hossa's name and number printed on the back.

"Hoss? Really?" He asked me. I smirked at him. I walked by Jon and he stared at my ass.

I whistled at him. "Yo Canada my eyes are up here." I pointed to my eyes. Jon's cheeks blushed a color that matched my tshirt. We cuddled up in the bed together.

Right here I knew that no matter how hard Ricky and Chad tried, they couldn't break us.