The Night of Babysitting

My mom left two days later after finally accepting the fact that I didn't want to be with Chad. Kaner and Amber just left for a movie and Jonny and I were cuddling.

"This is nice," I said as he turned on some more recaps of last nights game. His two goals were showed and he smiled. I looked up at the boy and kissed his jaw.

"What was that for?" Jon smiled down at me.

"Just 'cause," we just sat there for a couple seconds looking at each other. "We're acting like those annoying couples right now."

"I know, I kinda like it," he moved closer toward my face. His cell rang. "Damn it. What do you want Sharpie?" He put it on speaker phone.

"I need a last minute baby sitter can you guys fill in? Please, please, pleeaasssee!" Sharpie begged. Jon looked and me and I nodded.

"Why not," Jonny grumbled into the phone.

"Thank you guys so much this is why your my favorite couple on the team. Well I mean besides Abby and I of course." I laughed at his cockiness. "I'll drop off the girls in like ten."

"Ten minutes, eh? You know what we could do..." Jon smirked.

"I'm not having sex with you right before we are going to babysit your teammates kids, think about it for a sec." I told him.

"Thinking," he paused," I still think it's a foolproof plan."

"Hmm thinking," I paused," nope. Now what do we have for food." I looked in the freezer and found dino-nuggets. I picked them up and showed them to Jon, holding in my laughter.

"Those are Pats." He said too quickly and looked at the ground.

"Oh so he wouldn't mind if I gave them to the kids?" I smirked. I knew they were his. He might act all captain serious on the ice but he was a total child.

"You know I think it's best if we don't, you know just because he, um, might get mad." Jon stuttered. I laughed at the man in front of me who still ate Dino-nuggets. I mean don't get me wrong those things are the shit but it's just funny.

Abby and Patrick dropped off the girls a little bit after. "Hey Maddie! Hi Sadie!" I said to the girls in a higher voice than my usual one.

"We'll pick them up in like two hours. I'm taking her to a nice kid-free dinner." Patrick said looking at his wife with love in his eyes.

"Whatever works best for you guys." Jon said to the couple. He put one arm on my shoulder as we said goodbye. "Okay girls whatcha wanna do?"

"Let's play dolls!" Maddie had brought a bag full of toys to keep herself and her sister occupied. She gave me the doctor Barbie, Sadie the princess one and Jon the fairy Barbie.

He gave me a look that said 'really? I have to do this?'. I laughed and played with the wings of his doll.

"Okay so pretend I'm..." This was going to be a long night.

*********
I was cleaning up from the ice cream sundae bar when I over heard Maddie and Jon talking. "Are you gonna marry Liz, Uncle Jonny?" She asked.

"I hope to one day, one day soon. I already know I want to marry her but I don't know if she wants to marry me back, Mad dog." Did I want to marry him? Would I be willing to stay in one place forever? If it was with Jon, I might.

But we've only been dating for three months. Is that too early to even think of this? "I could ask her!" Maddie squealed. Just like her dad, playing matchmaker.

Jon laughed,"It might be difficult to ask her and not give away the fact that I want to marry her."

"Oh please! I once asked Mommy if I could have a brownie and she said no so then I asked Daddy and he said yes. If the other person has no idea than they don't think about it." Maddie explained.

"Jeez kid, your pretty smart." Jon complimented the little girl.

"I know! I can't wait to show off all of my smarts at big kid school next year." I chuckled to myself at that comment. She was adorable. I liked seeing how well her and Jonny got along. It made me smile.

Sadie started to cry. I rushed over to her in the living room. "What's wrong little Sadie?" I asked the girl. She continued to cry some more.

"I'll take her." Jon took the small child out of my arms and led her to the kitchen, leaving me alone with Maddie.

"Auntie Liz! Auntie Liz! Watch Bubbleguppies with me, please!" She jumped up and down on the couch. I agreed and sat next to her. "Do you love Uncle Jonny?" She asked me.

"You know how much your Mommy and Daddy love each other?" She nodded her little head, her pigtails flopping. "That's how much I love Uncle Jonny."

She giggled at my response. She motioned for me to move toward her. "I have a secret to tell you." Maddie whispered.

"I'm a very good secret keeper." I whispered back.

"Uncle Jonny wants to marry you." I put on my best shocked face. Clearly Maddie wasn't the best at keeping secrets.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I whispered back. She nodded. "I want to marry Uncle Jonny too." She gasped.

"Can I tell him?" She whisper-asked me.

I chuckled. "If you tell him than its not a secret, Mads." I told the little girl.

"Oh yeah. But secrets don't make friends." Before I had a chance to respond Maddie was running toward the kitchen yelling, "JONNY AND LIZZIE SITTIN IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

I ran to go grab the loud little girl when my eyes met Jon's. He blushed, I blushed right after. "You guys are like Mommy and Daddy!" Maddie cheered.

"So I take it she told you?" Jonny asked me.

"I'm sorry Uncle Jonny but secrets don't make friends and I want to have a lot of friends." Maddie smiled, her dimples flashing.

"It's okay Mad dog." He ruffled her hair and the girl ran back to her dolls with Sadie.

"C'mon Sadie they are having grown up talks." Maddie said to her younger sister. Jon and I were alone in the kitchen.

"I, uh-" I cut off the struggling boy with a kiss. It wasn't one of those kisses where you just give each other a peck, it meant something.

It meant I was okay with marriage. It meant I was okay with settling down for the rest of my life. It meant that I was okay with being with Jon and I was content with that. No, I was more than content.

Jon got my 'yes' and he didn't even have to ask.

**************