The Night of Lost Sisters

"C'mon Lizzie, pleasee!" Kaner begs as he picks up my apple from the counter and begins to eat it.

"No I refuse to meet the girl who you let break your heart and then let her have it again." Patrick was back on with the girl that told him that people like him never change. I did not approve of her even though I haven't even met her.

Pat wanted Jon and I to have dinner with the two of them to meet her. I had no interest in meeting her but Kaner really wanted an opinion from me.

I took the apple back and wiped of his gross germs. Most girls would kill for this apple...weird. "Look, Liz. I know you don't approve of her right now but she's kinda like you so you might like her."

"How is a heartless witch like her similar to me?" I ask with my arms crossed.

"Well for one she's not heartless, two she's in love with books, and three she also has blonde hair."

"Patrick, blonde hair is not a personality trait."

"Oh I know, but it makes you hotter." He said. I grabbed a book of the counter and smacked him with it. "Ow!"

"Okay I guess this girl means a lot to you so-I can't believe I'm saying this- I'll do it."

"Yay!" Kaner grabbed me and shook me. He ruffled my hair and kissed my head. "Okay so we are meeting at Olive Garden at 7. Make sure Jonny knows not to dress like he's going in for an interview, please. Somewhat casual?"

"I'll do what I can but that boy owns a lot of suit and ties." I tell him. I give him a hug and he leaves, leaving me to sort some more books.

***********
"Liz hurry up! I don't wanna be late!" Jonny yells from the other room. I was just finishing curling my hair and putting in some earrings. I didn't want to look to formal but I wanted to put a little bit of effort in.

I walked out of the room and Jon is standing there with his jaw on the ground. "Wow, uh Liz you look gr-great." He stuttered.

"C'mon Jonnyboy, wouldn't wanna be late!" I winked at him. I fed Cap and left him with Janie. We left the building in Jon's fancy car.

On our way to the restaurant Jon cleared his throat. "So Liz I was wondering if you wanted to go to the game tomorrow night? I mean now that we're together and all I just thought maybe you'd want to like-"

"Jon, I'd love to go to your game. I mean I'm like the biggest fan so it would be fabulous to go watch Kaner score." I said with a smirk.

"Ohh so now your looking for another challenge?" He looked at me.

"I didn't mention a challenge but if you would like to put one in place I would be more than happy to win." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Okay so tomorrow night if I get more goals than Kaner, you have to wear my sweaty gear after the game. All of it." Jon proclaimed with a proud smile. We pulled into the parking lot.

"Okay and if you don't, you have to bring me on a shopping spree but your not paying for all of it." I smiled back at him. I actually hated shopping but hell I needed some new clothes.

"You've got yourself a deal Ms. White." We shook on it and walked into the restaurant. Patrick was already sitting down next to a purse which I assumed belonged to the girl he was with.

"Hey guys!" He cheered and we sat down. "Thanks for coming to meet her I really really appreciate it, really."

"Gee Pat do you appreciate it?" I taunted him. He made a face at me.

She rounded the corner. I hadn't seen her since the night of the wedding. She still looked the same. Our eyes met and I glared at her. She narrowed her eyes back. What the hell was she doing in Chicago?!

She came over to our table and put her hand on Patrick's back. Oh my god. Patrick was dating my older sister. My evil older sister who I hadn't seen since the night I left. "Guys this is-"

"Amber. I know." I snapped. Give her a chance, Liz. For Pat, for Pat.

"Hello Eliza." She smirked back at me.

"Oh you already know each other?" Patrick questioned.

"Well we come from the same parents so I think we've met once or twice." I said to him through gritted teeth.

"What?! You're....you're..." Patrick started.

"Sisters?!" Him and Jon said at the same time.

"Yup." I rolled my eyes. She couldn't take this city from me. This was MY home not hers.

"Oh c'mon Eliza its in the past now! We can be friends now!" She fake cheered but only I could see the sarcasm in it.

"Yeah no thanks Amber. And by the way? It's Liz not fucking Eliza." And with that I stormed away from the table and outside, Jon following not too far behind.

"Hey, hey calm down, Lizzie. You're all fired up just chill for a second." He tried to calm me down.

"I thought I left all of them. She had to have known that I was here! How did she find me?! What if she tells them all? What if she tells Chad? I can't do it Jonny I can't. I need to leave." I started walking away from him. The sound of my boots hitting the paceman was all too familiar.

"You can't keep running away from your problems Liz." Jonny says to me with a stern voice. I whip my head around so our foreheads touch.

"Watch me." I told him. I pulled off my boots and put on my sneakers in my purse. I started to walk away when an arm grabbed me. It wasn't Jon's, it was Patrick's.

"Lizzie wait. I know your upset about this and believe me if I knew she was your sister I probably would've stayed away. But please, you promised you'd give it a try." He pleaded. He was right, I did promise.

I stood there thinking for a little bit. I could run away and ruin all the good things in my life right now, or I could sit through one dinner with the biggest bitch ever. Tough choice but one dinner wouldn't kill me, right?

"Fine. But I'm not doing this again." I pointed my finger at him. He took it and pulled me in for a hug. He smelt like pine trees.

"Okay, thank you Lizzie. I know this is hard for you." He said into my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's go back to the witch." I said taking him inside. Jon was leaning on the door frame of the restaurant with a smirk.

"Thank you for doing this Liz. Seriously, it means a lot to him. I know that's the only reason you stayed." He said looking down at the ground.

"Well I guess someone else kept me here but I just can't remember who...oh! Maybe it was our cute waiter!" I said sarcastically. Jon thought I was serious for a second. I looked at him and laughed. "I'm just kidding, lighten up Captain Serious."

"You know I've been trying to lose that nickname for a while now." Jon looked down at me.

"Yeah I know that's why I like to use it." I winked at him and went back to the table where my evil sister was sitting alone on her phone. "I apologize for storming out like that."

"It's okay, Eliza I forgive you." She muttered something after that.

"What was that my lovely sister?" I fake smiled at her.

"Oh nothing." She looked back at me with the same smile plastered on her face.

The rest of the date was...awkward. If it wasn't for the boys making jokes every once and awhile I think there would've been WW3.

And I wasn't lying when I said the waiter was cute.