The Night of Lord Stanley and Goodbyes

A/N: hey y'all! So incase you guys don't know I am in fact from Massachusetts and the reason I'm telling you this is because everyone in my family besides my uncle hates the hawks. Tragic I know. Trust me I'm not some puck bunny but I guess I inherited the Blackhawk blood from him!

But this is besides the point. So my parents were obviously not rooting for the Blackhawks last night because throwback to when they beat the Bruins (smirks). So I got in really big trouble for screaming while they were trying to sleep.

I got my phone taken away indefinitely and my laptop so I am on my iPod from like 7 years ago. Yay! So excuse the horrid errors because I'm sure there's a shit ton. But I couldn't let y'all down!

Oh and I'm gonna be starting a new book soon called "Cut Ties" it's a Tsegs fanfic that's more deep. Like I said I'm not a puck bunny but I recognize his talent and he has sweet tattoos. I don't want to give too much away now but it's more dark than this one so I'll tell you guys when it's on it's way!

Now back to the goods!
******************

The whole city of Chicago had a countdown going. From the Imagine Dragons concert to the streets right outside, everything was a buzz.

5...

Holy shit this was gonna happen.

4...

I can't believe my guy is going to be a three time Stanley Cup champion.

3...

They all worked so hard for this one moment.

2...

The energy level picks up for the hawks and drops for the bolts.

1...

They've done it. That's it. It's all over. The Blackhawks have won the cup for the third time in six years. First time on home ice in seventy seven years.

How was this even happening to me? How did I get so lucky that I can say that my fiancé is going to hoist the Stanley Cup?

A man who I assumed was a security guard motioned for my sister and I, Chaunette, and Abby Sharp to follow him. He brought us through an intense maze-like hallway until we were finally at the ice. Even from down here you could still feel the energy coming from the people around you.

"Captain Jonathan Toews, it's your honor to hoist the Stanley Cup." Jonathan made his way over to the beauty with a smile plastered across his face. I don't know if I've ever seen him this happy.

Jon lifted up the cup over his head in one swift movement. He cheered as he did so and then slowly skated toward his team. He passed it on to Timonen and told him to go for a skate.

Jonny made his way toward me and stopped, snowing my legs. He picked me up like he did with Stanley but didn't hoist me over his head.

Instead he stopped and placed me on his skates. "Hello beautiful." He kissed the tip of my noise. I giggled like a little girl.

"Hey Canada. Shouldn't you be out there with the team?" I asked him. I didn't want to take him away from them.

"Nah I just wanted to see my girl. I noticed you cheering up there earlier." He smirked down at me.

"Of course I was cheering I mean Kaner scored! Isn't he just so hot?" I teased him, knowing he was in that kind of mood.

"Oh yeah? Well if Kaner is oh so dreamy why don't you just go marry him, I'm sure he has no commitment issues whatsoever." Jon smirked at me. I laughed knowing this was true. Well, was true until Amber came into the picture.

I could tell how anxious she was getting. He had just won the cup and little did he know he was also about to be a loser.

"I'm kidding, Jonnyboy! There's no other hockey player out here that I would rather smell than you." I grinned. He kissed me again briefly before going back to join his team.

************
The rest of the night I can honestly say was a bit of a blur. All I remember is the constant "We Are the Champions" being sung by the boys, bottles upon bottles of champagne and beer, and of course Jon's hot ass.

C'mon, I had to say it.

Anyways the next morning, like always, was hell. Amber woke up shaky because she was leaving in two days and hadn't told Pat yet, Jon was hungover as fuck and Pat was just happy as could be.

"Kaner could you shut the fuck up?" Jonny asked Kaner as he sang the new Taylor Swift song.

"Jeez Captain Serious this is why you need to get drunk more, you don't even feel it in the morning!" Patrick chirped and laughed at himself. "Ah I love my life." He grinned and fell back on the couch.

He was clearly still on a win-high. I love seeing him like this but it just crushes me even more knowing that his girlfriend is leaving him indefinitely in two days.

"Hey Canada you want some aspirin?" I asked him. He had his head in his hands and was rubbing his temples.

"I would love one actually." He groaned.

I went to the cabinet to get some aspirin when I saw a note. I picked it up and looked at it.

"You told us to stop by when we were in the neighborhood...why weren't you here Eliza?"

I dropped the bottle of medicine and looked at the note again. It scared me to think that they could get in this apartment. Trump Towers has some pretty bad ass security.

"You okay Liz?" Jon asked with worry present in his voice. He didn't see the note before I shoved it deep into my pocket.

"Yeah, yeah I'm just fine little slip is all!" I struggled to pick up the pieces on the ground.

I handed him one that was still in the bottle along with a glass of water. "You're the best you know that?"

"I know." I kissed his scruffy beard. I hated the feeling of it but I knew he wasn't going to shave for a little bit.

*******
The next couple of days were the usual endless partying and long night outs. Of course Jon would ask me to go but I didn't want to every night. It just got a bit...old.

My sister was leaving today and she still hasn't told Pat. "Amber I swear to god if you don't tell that boy right now I will take it upon myself to do it."

"Okay, I can do this. Now or never right?" She nervously laughed at herself.

Patrick's POV

Amber walked into the room as I sat on the bed looking at highlights from the Playoffs.

"Hey AmbiBambi." I said to her and kissed her shoulder when she sat next to me. Something was off about her. She didn't lean into my touch like she usually did.

"Pat I, uh, need to tell you something that I should've told you weeks ago." I panicked. Shit, we used protection right? "No, I'm not pregnant you dumb shit."

We laughed together, the elephant still present in the room. "So um, my boss at work he kinda expects a lot from me. He has big plans for me in the future and-"

"Has he hurt you? Amber if that guy has laid a finger on you I will go right to that dick's office and-"

"I'm being relocated." She spit out.

My heart dropped to the floor. My mouth hung wide open. 'Don't do that or your gonna catch flies' my grandfather always told me. But right now,

I would rather eat a billion bugs than never see the love of my life again.