The Night of...

A/N I didn't want to tell you in the title if she said yes or no because I want to see yall suffer ahaha. Love you all and thanks for all the reads I'm almost at 700!!

***********
"Elizabeth White, will you marry me?"

In situations like these you have two options. Say yes and hug him, or say no and bolt. And you have one second to decide which route to take.

I was done with running. I was done with turning away from everything I knew. I was sick and tired of letting people like Chad or Ricky get in the way of being happy.

However, was I ready for marriage? Was I ready for a huge commitment like this? Did I have it in me to stay tied down to one guy for the rest of my life?

But he still sat there as time froze. Jon was down on his knee, with his tongue moving around his lip like he always did when he was nervous. It was little things like this.

The coffee in the morning. The smiles at my sass. The visits that I said were a pain but I actually loved. The way his eyes lit up a fan recognized him on the streets. The way he kissed my forehead when nobody was looking just because.

Things like this didn't make a big difference now but in the long run they would make my world go round.

I had no voice. I just nodded. My head bobbed up and down saying yes. He had my answer without even asking. All thanks to a little Sharp named Maddie.

The lights went on and everyone was cheering. Some were crying, some howling. Jon made his way over to the bench. "I didn't know if you were gonna say yes or not." He told me and I laughed.

"You're such an idiot, Canada." I pulled his neck toward me and kissed him. It wasn't rough, it wasn't harsh it was just...a kiss. A kiss that sealed the deal.

"Auntie Liz loves Uncle Jonny!" Maddie cheered as we walked up toward everyone.

Jon laughed. "Well if she doesn't than it looks like we're in trouble now." I looked up at him and gave him a peck on the jaw.

We were greeted by Pat and my sister who had tears in her eyes. Oh god she's so emotional. "I can't believe my baby sister is getting married oh you are too cute!" She sobbed into my shoulder.

"Calm down Ambs it's just a proposal." I reassured her.

"Just a proposal?! That was poetry!" She sobbed some more into my shoulder which was now covered in mascara.

Everyone laughed at her response. She glared at the boys around the room. "I will shave off all of your playoff beards while your sleeping." She threatened them. All the guys stopped laughing.

"That's right. Now let's eat!" Amber directed.

I couldn't eat. I was just too excited to sit down. But I figured I might as well be polite and take a seat. I had a big smile plastered on my face the whole night.

Kaner tapped on his glass. "I would like to say something."

"Oh god please sit down." Duncs begged as Pat shushed him.

Pat cleared his throat. "First off I wanna say congrats because I mean I totally am part of the reason you guys are together." I shot him a look. "Okay okay geez tough crowd.

"Second, I want Jonny and Liz to know that no matter what everyone here right now is your family. We will always be there for you through thick and thin no matter what. Also, Jonny I better be your best man because I plan on having the best bachelor party for you in the history of bachelor parties." Kaner smirked and everyone laughed besides Jonny who shook his head and smiled.

"Cheers to the new fiancés!" Everyone tapped their glasses together. Looking around the room I had to consider myself pretty damn lucky. I mean how many people can say that they are getting married to the Chicago Blackhawks captain?

I was never really one to believe in luck. I always thought luck was hard work plus opportunity. But I have to admit, no amount of hard work or opportunity could've prepared me for this moment.

If you had told me five months ago that I would be best friends with half of the Hawks than I would've laughed in your face.

"You okay?" Jon asked looking down at me. He smiled a nervous smile probably thinking I was having second thoughts.

"I've never been better honestly." I told him and his smile turned from nervous into relieved.

"Good. I don't want to pressure you Liz, are you sure you want to go through with this?" He asked sweetly. This is why I was going through with this. Nobody would ever speak to me so kindly as he does. And nobody would ever love me as much as Jon does either.

"If I didn't want to do this I would've booked a flight to Italy. I haven't run away there yet. Can't believe I missed that one." Jon laughed.

"Okay well how bout that's where we'll go on our honeymoon so you don't have to run away by yourself." He bargained and I took the deal.

*********
When we got home I saw a familiar face sitting on the couch. "Danny!" I jumped on my older brother and Amber did the same.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Well I mean I had to come check out the new ring." I turned to Jon.

"You called him?"

"Well yeah I needed someone to approve and I had a feeling Amber already did so I asked your brother. I hope that's okay." Jon fiddled with his fingers.

"Of course it's okay. No it's better than okay this is fucking awesome!" I cheered as I hugged his strong core.

I got my family and my perfect guy...maybe happy endings do exist.