The Night of Nights

A/N Hehehe HSM

I was at the store ringing in a customer when those damn boys walked through the doors. Jon and I caught each other's eyes and blushed. We had been doing this since last night.

"Ew love birds, c'mon Seabs lets go read Fifty Shades." Kaner said running off to the sports section, though I had a feeling that he probably would make his way over and read a bit of the book.

"Hello beautiful," Jonny mumbled against my lips. I look down in his hands to see a rose. "I gotcha flower. I didn't know what kind to get but the lady at the counter seemed to think these were romantic."

I giggled at the clueless boy. "So Mr. Toews, how may I help you today?" I teased.

"Well you could come with me to a party at the UC tonight. Some fundraiser thing that I really don't want to go to but if you're there than it will be more fun." He looked at the ground while saying that last part.

"I would love to go with you, Jonnyboy." Our eyes met again and his cheeks turned red. I rolled my eyes and began to do fake work.

"I know you're not doing anything right now, Liz so how bout you come out with the boys and I to lunch."

"Hmm I feel like that was more a demand than a question so I'm gonna have to decline...." I smirked.

"Oh Elizabeth, would you do me the honor and let me escort you to a restaurant of your choice with my colleges?" He asked properly.

"I would love to." I told the boys to meet me outside while I closed the shop. Mike and Janie we're going in for a checkup today for the baby. If it's a girl I already told them they have to name it Elizabeth.

"Alright boys, where we headed?" I took Tazer's hat and put it on my head.

"Some new restaurant that the other guys wanted to try." Seabs answered.

*********
When we arrived at the restaurant about ten minutes later some of the boys from the team were already settled at a table. Jon protectively wrapped his arm around my waist. I snickered to myself.

"Hey guys!" Shawzie yelled across the room. Oh god. Andrew and I were both loud people so the two of us in the same place always got us into trouble. He was like a brother in a way.

We chatted over things during dinner like how they are gonna do in the cup and what the Lightning are like. I liked being around all of them.

We got our food and all the boys acted like they had never eaten before in their lives. Saader dove into his pasta like it was a pool, while Duncs chowed down on some steak.

I had only gotten a salad because I love salads. I hate when people say 'you only eat salads to lose weight'. I'm not trying to lose weight I'm trying to eat a good meal.

"Ghsws yov dalat?" Jon asked me.

"Chew and swallow please I don't need to see that." I told him like I was his mother. He did as he was told and than asked again.

"How's your salad?" He grinned at me.

"It's pretty good how's your steak?"

"Same." He whispered in my ear, "You look really beautiful right now."

I giggled like a school girl at his comment. "You don't look to bad yourself, Captain." I whispered back to him.

"Hello? Love birds? Could you cut the PDA to a minimum please I'm trying to eat without puking." Seabs made gagging noises for emphases and the guys followed. I rolled my eyes.