The Night of Misread Menus and Chicago Pizza

Hi! So I was wondering if you guys liked me doing Jonathan's POV or if I should just stick to Liz's? It's sooo weird thinking like a guy so idk if I'm doing a good job or no...let me know! Okay here's the story!
************

Tonight was the last night before I was going home, finally. Chicago never seemed like such a perfect euphoria. I missed Jon over anyone though, well besides Janie. I can't believe she was pregnant.

Everyone's becoming so mature. Patrick finally settled down with someone, Janie's having a baby, and I'm actually not running away from my problems. Maybe it is time to stop running and stay with Jon.

"Miss?" The waiter asked. I was at the restaurant at my hotel and I was having a rough time deciphering the menu because, well, it's all fucking French.

"Um yeah water?" He nodded and walked away. I pulled out my new phone that I decided to get while I was here. My plan was up anyways.

I texted Jonny:
Hey Canada

He responded a minute later:
J: Hey bookworm :*

K: Really kissy face? You miss me too much

J: ur right I need you rn. tough loss

K: I saw but nice goals sniper

J: tbh idek how that second one went in

I laughed at the table really loud and all the French people began to stare. Whatever. The next text from Jon said call me.

"Hey," I said through the phone.

"It feels so good to hear your voice you have no idea, I miss you like a lot." He said. I melted like the kid from Sky High.

"One more day, control yourself Jonathan." I teased.

"Oh I was in your store the other day helping out Janie and I found this one book and it's actually really good!" Right then and there I almost started to cry. Jonathan actually found a book.

"Is this a joke because I swear Jon-"

"Nope I swear it's called like The Bend in Our Planets or something." I dropped the phone. Obviously I had to pick it up again because, it's a new phone.

"You mean the Fault in Our Stars?!" I yelled into the phone.

"Um yeah? Why is it good?" He asked. Oh boys, silly, silly boys.

"Jon, that's one of the best books ever created. The way into any girls heart is through that book."

"I know that's what Janie said when she picked it up so I decided to read it to see if you would see the same. I'm so gonna use this." I rolled my eyes. Damn his smarts.

"Hold on let me order," I pointed to a random thing on the menu and the waiter scribbled down my order.

"Do you have any idea what you ordered, Liz?" He asked concerned through the phone.

"Honestly, I have no idea I think maybe a salad?" We laughed over the phone together. He told me some story about Cap while they were on their walk today. I could talk to him for hours. Something awful smelling filled my nostrils.

"Ew something smells awful here." I scrunched my nose. Jon's laughter filled the phone. "What?"

"I know exactly what you ordered now." He chuckled to myself. The smelly plate made its way over to me and was placed on my table.

"Snails?! I have to eat a snail?! Eww!" I was so grossed out by this. I don't even like to touch snails, never mind eat the damn things! "You bastard, no warning?"

"Well I thought you were getting a salad!"
Oh boy was he gonna get it when I got home.

Dinner pasted by and Jon had to go work out. I was all alone and decided to go pack my bags before my flight.

I was finishing packing my bags when there was a knock on the door. "Ma'am, your car is out front to take you to the airport."

"Okay one second please." I looked around my room one more time. I had become pretty accustomed to the small little space.

Goodbye Paris. Hello Chicago.

**********

I stepped off the plane to see a smiling Jon and a pizza box. I ran over to him and snagged the pizza out of his hand. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Really? I thought this was gonna be some cliché movie where we run into each other's arms but you chose pizza over me? Offended."

"Jon, no matter how much I love you, pizza will be above you everytime." I jokingly said. Our lips crashed together and the butterflies were released in my stomach.

It was a great feeling to be with him once again. You never really realize how much you miss somebody until they are gone. Or in my case, across an ocean. Our foreheads lingered on one another's for a while.

"So Liz how was the city of love?" He smirked.

"It was pretty great I mean the French guys there were super hot so not bad at all!" I teased the boy. "I'm kidding, Canada. You're always number one. Well I mean except the ice in which case your are nineteen."

"Number nineteen on the ice, number one in your heart." He yelled in the airport as we walked out to his car. I gave him a look. "What? I read it on a girls sign once during a game."

"Cocky much are we?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh shut up you love it." He took my hand and we ran to his car. Jon started the car and we headed to his apartment.

We walked into his apartment to see Janie, Amber, Mike and Kaner all sitting at the counter. "Welcome home!" They all yelled as I walked through the doors. I brought them all in for a hug.

"Aw guys! Missed you all!" I said in the hug. Janie began to cry...hormone problems.

"I thought I lost you forever," she sobbed into my shoulder.

"Yeah yeah well I'm back now and I could really use a beer, all that French wine was not as good." I turned into the kitchen and stepped right on Caps foot. "Cap!" I cheered as the dog jumped up and licked my face.

"She's more excited to see the dog than you Jonny boy!" Kaner yelled from the living room. Jon came from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"He's right I never actually liked you in the first place," I said sarcastically.

"Oh darn looks like I'm gonna have to eat this 'welcome home' cake with another girl!" He began to walk away dramatically. I grabbed his collar and told him to direct me toward the cake.

We spent the night face deep in cake and deep in the covers.