The Night of Paris Wishes

"Attention everybody we will start to begin our descent into Paris so if you would please put your seat belts on and remain seated that would be great. Thank you for flying with Southwest Airlines today and we hope to provide you with many more flights to come. Enjoy your time in Paris, au revoir!"

I looked out the window at the city below. It was gorgeous. The lights on the streets twinkled like stars. It was just how they described it. I hoped Janie would come here one day. She wanted to come on her honeymoon but they decided to save the money instead.

We landed and I collected my things from baggage claim once they came around. I didn't speak French so this was going to be a new experience.

I didn't even know I was going to Paris to be completely honest. I just kind of pointed to one of the places she said had open seats. Why couldn't I have chosen Hawaii damn it.

I looked at the hotel I booked. Again, I didn't really look into it but damn I did well. It was one of the nicer hotels in the city and it was in walking distance from the airport.

I stepped outside and it started to drizzle. Just my luck. I get it world, punish me for leaving again. Whatever.

The doors of the French hotel already told me this place was too fancy for me. I made my way over to a desk that said check in. "Hi! I'm checking in but I don't speak French so I kind of hope you understand me."

The lady at the desk laughed, "Oh dear don't you worry. You might want to pick up the language if you plan on staying here for a little bit. Anyways what's your name sweetheart."

"Its under Liz I believe, Liz White," I told her. She searched it up on the computer.

"Ah yes! Ms. White you booked a last minute stay at the princess suite." My mouth dropped open. "I'm just kidding darling, room 146 second floor." She handed me the keys and I made my way to the room.

I wonder what time it was back in Chicago. Should I call them? Would Jon come looking for me? God I hope he's not upset. If anything he's the last person I wanted to let down.

I dialed Janie's number on the room phone. Let's hope this doesn't cost extra. "Hello?" Her sleepy voice rang through the phone, it broke my heart.

"Janie its-"

"I know who it is. C'mon Liz why? You had it so perfect here! You had a perfect boyfriend, a perfect apartment, you were patching things up with your sister! Everything was falling into place and you just uprooted everything! He came to my apartment you know. He called first. He showed up after he read your letter. He took Cap and took him for a run. He was so broken, Liz. You can't keep doing this to people. He was so-"

"Stop, Janie. Stop." I tried to silence her.

"No you deserve to know how he felt. He didn't cry. He said you would be angry with him for being upset. I laughed at him for how true it was. He wants to find you, Liz. He wants you back. Please come home. Please." Janie hung up.

I was left speechless. Everything she said was right. She was always right, damn it. I really fucked up now. He was going to find me I knew it. That's just the kind of person Jon was.

Determination ran through his blood, it surged through his veins. God I loved that about him. He didn't need me though. I was an anchor tied to his ankle pulling him deeper down.

He needed to forget.

Jonathan's POV:
Paris. That's where the call came from on Janie's phone. Some hotel in Paris. What the hell was Liz doing at a fancy hotel in Paris? Really? She couldn't have gone to Vegas?

I knew she wanted me to forget but that wasn't going to happen. I was going to find her. But I was going to give her time. Time to think, time to make up her mind. She knew I would be here when she made up her mind.

There was no way in hell I wasn't going to pressure her decision, however. I wasn't going to wait around forever. Well I mean I will but I needed her home. I needed her kiss. I needed her smile. I needed to run my fingers through her blonde hair.

It was playoffs so there was no way I could go find her just yet. Liz wanted to be alone, that's just her. I hope she knows I'm thinking of her as I'm sitting in bed right now with Captain cuddled by my side.

We needed her.

Liz's POV:

Something was tugging at my heart. My hand hovered over the phone. His number flashed across my eyes. I always memorized people's numbers because I always did things like this.

Should I call him? Half of me screamed yes, the half that actually believed I would be with him forever. Half of me told me to let him go, however this half was also the one who brought me to freaking Paris.

One half took over and next thing I know I hear a sleepy Jon on the other end of the phone. "Hello?" He says sleepily. His voice was raspy. How the hell was I supposed to keep my cool?

"Jon..." Is all I managed to get out. I heard the sheets rustle on the other end. I guess he sat up.

"Liz? Liz is that you?" He asked hopeful. Each word that came out of his perfect mouth killed me inside.

"Um yeah, yeah it's me," I answered him.

"Liz you have no idea how badly I want to jump into this phone and be there with you right now. Why are you in Paris?" Damn caller ID. Gives away my location every time

"Jon I can't go back."

"Bullshit, Liz. You CAN come back but you WON'T come back. Different things." He told me honestly. That's exactly what I needed to hear.

A reality check. I kept running from my problems and letting people run me out of my own home. Why? Because I thought I didn't have choice.

"You're right."

"I'm what?"

"You're right." I told him. I needed to be with him, no matter who tried to get in the way. "I shouldn't let my past control me. I need to stop running from it and turn and face it head on."

"Liz, are you saying what I think you're saying?" He asked eager.

"Why Toews? Missing me already?" I flirted.

"Nah Cap just wanted to know not me I mean I don't care at all." He said sarcastically. "I'm looking at flights right now." He scanned the computer screen. I bet his lip was moving like it always did when he read.

The little things like this made my decision easier. I wanted to wake up in a tangled mess with him. I wanted to wake up in his shirt, smelling of a mix of mine and his scents. I just wanted to see his smile.

"The next direct flight isn't for another four days, do you think you can survive in Paris for another couple of days?" He was so protective I loved it.

"Yeah I can do that. Oh and Jon?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you, Canada."

"I love you even more bookworm."

Four more days til I was in his arms again.