The Night (and morning) of Parents

Jon didn't ask questions. He didn't ask why or what happened but I assumed he knew by the slow nod. We drove to my apartment because I needed some clothes.

I opened the door to see my apartment tossed. It was like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Someone had been at my apartment.

The dishwasher was running and the light was on. There was a coffee cup sitting on the counter steaming. What the fuck.

Someone came out of my bedroom. She looked just like...

"Eliza dear how are you!" The woman brought me in for a hug.

"Joann." I growled at the woman who I refused to hug back. "You need to leave. Now."

"Oh nonsense sweetie. Is this your boyfriend the professional basketball star?" She asked. Just like her to not pay attention to detail.

"Hockey, Joann. How the hell did you even get in here?" I interrogate the lady who's staring at my boyfriend.

"Oh sweetie I know you always left a key on the top of your door frame silly! I was so surprised when Rick called us and invited us! I must say you have a lovely apartment." Joann said to me waving her hands as she spoke. God I hate her.

She turned towards Jonny. "Stupid me! I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Joann, Eliza's mother."

Jon's face turned white as a ghost. "Hi ma'am I'm Jonathan, Liz, er, Eliza's boyfriend."

"It's Liz now mother." I spat at the bleach blonde.

"Well if you didn't leave me out of the loop maybe I would've known! Liz...doesn't sound very professional but I guess that's okay." She had a fake smile on her plastic face. Sickening really.

I went into my room and slammed the door. I heard Jon excuse himself from behind the closed door.

"Hey, Liz? Can I come in?" He knocked. Why does he have to be so damn polite?

"Fine." I said through gritted teeth.

"You know, if you keep clenching your teeth together like that they are all gonna break." He joked. "Yeah probably not the best time to joke, eh?"

"Ya think?" I sassed him and groaned into my hands. "Jon what do I do? Give me some captainly advice."

"Well I say you pack your clothes, tell her you're moving and say she needs to leave. But because she's your mother I say you add a please at the end. I mean you might not like her but moms appreciate manners."

I laughed at him but followed the smart man's advice. I packed my clothes, my pillow and my other necessities. Making my way out the door I stopped, I found a picture in my mothers suitcase of me on my wedding day.

I picked up the picture and ripped it to shreds before throwing it into the Chicago winds. Bye bye Chad.

"Mother you need to go." Jon shot me a look and mouthed 'manners'. I rolled my eyes, "Please."

"I understand sweetie. I'm here for three days and I was hoping to patch things up between us? Call me if you feel the need. I entered my number on your phone while you were in your room." She walked into my room to gather her things.

I turned to Jonny. "How the fuck does that woman know my password?" I asked him. He just laughed and wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

**********
"What do you mean 'mom's here'?" Amber questioned me.

"I mean, our mother is present in the city of Chicago at this moment, duh." I crossed my arms and looked at my older sister.

"I can't believe this. Why can't she stalk Danny instead?" Amber mumbled to herself causing Kaner to laugh. She shot him a look and he raised his hands in surrender.

"She's a crazy psycho, Ambs. How do we get rid of her?"

"She looked like she wanted to rip out my eyes when she was staring me down." Jonny said to us. We all laughed at that, leave it to Tazer to be afraid of a 50 year old woman but be fine against a 250 lb man.

"I got it! Kaner I need your help." Amber told us her plan which we all thought was pretty genius. I called my mom and told her to meet me at the shop tomorrow at twelve.

************
It was nine in the morning right now and business was booming. Little Tabbie was having issues at the register with all of the customers. "Uh that will be...is that a seven or a two?"

I was shaking. I knew this plan was absolutely golden but I didn't want to be apart of it.

Three hours later my mother walked through the doors and the whole room silenced. She had this aura that made everyone just stop and stare. She carried herself so proud and strong like she had no secrets to hide.

Cut the bullshit.

"My little Liz!" She cooed. I gave her a cheesy side hug and offered her some coffee. She denied and we sat down.

"So sweetheart how's your life going?" Joann asked me.

"Fine." I snapped at her. We paused for a few moments.

"Well mines going great thanks for asking! The business is going great...even though none of my children bothered to stay and help, Chad is helping out. What a lovely boy he is." She sung Chad's praises. Puh-lease.

"Yeah I'm sure he's fabulous!" I said sarcastically.

"Liz, I know you ran away from the altar all those years ago but I understand. You were worried he was going to leave you first but sweetie, you can't compare every guy to your asshole father. Yes Chad is a bit of a kiss up and I'm sorry I rushed you into things. I really am. And that's why I was so happy when Ricky called me here. I thought you actually wanted to patch things up with me. I thought...I don't know I thought we could move on? I promise to not get in the way of you and Jon's relationship. He's a lovely boy I can just tell. But I need you to promise me to not run anymore. Please just stay in one place? I know I'm part of the reason you have commitment issues but I need you to get your shit together and not blow this. I just want us to have that bond that we had all those years ago."

Wow. I sat there for a moment stunned. What the fuck was I supposed to do?! The plan was already about to occur and here my mother was in her most vulnerable state I've ever seen her in.

I did something I never thought I would ever do. I hugged my mother. After all those years I actually hugged my mother. It felt, good.

Not the kind of good I felt when I hugged Jonny but the kind of good I felt when I was with his parents. The safeness I felt when I was with them.

It was a feeling of home. Home, weird huh? I never would've pictured this. I felt my shoulder get wet and I realized that my mother was crying.

Shit, Amber. I needed to stop this. But her and Pat had just walked through the doors. I looked at them but they didn't catch my gaze.

Pat hid behind the couch and Amber went out to say hello to our mom. "Hello Mother. " she said coldly.

"Amber sweetheart sit down I need to talk to you." My mother said gingerly. Amber finally caught my gaze as I was signaling for her to stop. She was stunned too.

"Pat no!" We caught the boy just as the bucket of coffee, black with no sugar or cream, was about to be dumped on my mothers head. A taste of her own medicine not to be dished out yet.

"What was that about?" My mom asked. Looking at the both of us, eyes flickering back and forth between Amber and I.

"Nothing mom. Let's talk." Amber said sitting next to our mother who, for once, didn't actually look like she wanted to burn down an orphanage.

**************
A/N:
Honestly couldn't even think of a freaking payback thing that they could've pulled bc it's 12 am and I'm tired. But THE HAWKS WON BABY LORD STANLEY HERE WE COME. Seriously tho...doesn't Perry look like an ostrich?!