💖 16 💖

Aakash completed his work, sitting in the living room, since he didn't wish to disturb Shruti's sleep. But when he went to room by 12, she was wide awake.

She was sitting at the balcony on couch and star gazing. He walked towards her and sat beside her.

Aak: innum thoongalaya ma.

She kept her head on his shoulder and held his biceps tightly. Her legs curled and knees went on Aakash's thigh. He sensed something wrong with his chellama and kissed her hairline, stroking her intertwined palms on his biceps.

Aak: ennachu, chellam?

Shr: nothing, Aakash. Thookam varala.

Aak: sapidum pothe thoongi vilunthutu thana di sapta. Ippo ennachu?

Shr: therila.

Aakash held her chin and made her look at him. Her eyes were twinkling with tears which she was holding back with difficulty.

He immediately scooped her in his arms and made her sat on his lap. She clutched his t-shirt and snuggled her face against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and cuddled her.

Aak: ennachu, ammu?

Shruti didn't say anything or couldn't say anything and started whimpering in his embrace, making him more worry.

Aak: thangam, paaru. Inga paru di.

She shook her head as 'no' and soon her whimper turned into heavy cry. He pulled her out of his embrace and cupped her cheeks.

Aak: ennachu nu sollu di. Bayama iruku.

Shr: n...naan rom...rompa sel...fish la...

She couldn't speak properly. But he understood that she was feeling guilt about something. His mind worked in the speed of light and recollected today's incident at her office.

He wiped her tears with his thumbs and looked into her eyes.

Aak: antha paithiyam sonnathaiye nenachutu irukiya? Appa amma eranthathum marriage pannikitomnu guilt ah iruka?

Shruti looked back into his eyes and found a kind of hurt in his eyes, which pricked her heart.

Shr: athu...

Aak: chellam, inga paru, namma life la enna nadakunumnu naama matum than decide pannanum. Nee azhuguratha naan thappune solla maten. But athuku reason innoruthangala ennaikume iruka koodathu. Nee en kalyanam pannikitanu unaku theriyum. Then what? Nee enna than unna innorutharkita prove panna nenachalum aduthathu innoruthanga pesuvanga. How long will you prove yourself? Ithu reality show illa nee unna prove panni atha oruthanga judge panna. Ithu reality. Unaku un manasatchi matum than judge. Purinjutha?

She nodded her head, holding his wrists, which were yet cupping her cheeks.

Aak: ippo sollu. Nee namma marriage ah regret panriya?

Shr: no! I am sorry. Naan ungala hurt pannitan. Sorry!

Aak: shh. Enaku theriyum nee yen intha marriage ku othukitanu. You wished your parents soul to rest in peace. Unna thaniya intha ulagathula vitutu poitonu avanga feel panna koodathunu othukita. Ithula enaku ethume thappa padala, chellam.

Shruti hugged him tightly and he hugged her back, caressing her hair.

Aak: you should be the only controller of your mind and heart. Even you shouldn't let your mind to control your heart nor heart to control your mind. To become success in your life, you should always keep those words in your mind.