A Good Treason

Vidar

"I want to know what will happen to my children." Vidar spoke calmly to the seer. The army returned back home a few days ago but Vidar could not stop the itch in the back of head forcing him to be worried. So, he followed the seer to the woods that was near the beach so they could talk without anyone around.

"I never suspected that you of all people would be so foolish as to ask me that." The seer said with a chuckle. "Parent's come in here every day asking about children they don't even have yet."

"But my children are here now." Vidar pointed out. "I need to know."

"You need, or want?" The seer asked. "I will warn you one final time for your own sanity. You don't want to know. But if you do wish to know, your brother here will tell you."

Vidar's eyes narrowed and when he turned around, he saw someone he hasn't seen in years. "Hello Vidar."

"Thor." The God of the Seas grumbled. "Why are you here?"

"Father sent me to tell you, more like warn you." 

"Is this about Vali? I haven't seen him in a while." Vidar said.

"Because he has been searching for your mother with Tyr." Thor revealed causing Vidar's blood to run cold. "She has been missing for about five years now."

"Five years?" Vidar repeated. "You didn't tell me for five fucking years! Do you know what she could have done!?"

"Father thought it would be better to find her before you found out." Thor said blankly. Out of all the children of Odin, Vidar and Thor got along the least.

"What if she came here?" Vidar asked. "You remember what happened the last time she was near my family."

"It's not my fault you decided to create problems you can't control."

Vidar growled and rushed forward across the beach and punched Thor in the chest, causing him to go flying out into the sea. The waves began to fall back into the ocean while thunderous dark clouds started to roll in from the sky.

Vidar called out for his trident while a hammer could be faintly seen falling from the sky to where Thor was.

The two Gods both yelled and rushed at each other, Vidar with more speed due to them being in the water, and Thor with more power as lightning came down to enchant the hammer.

"ENOUGH!" A voice echoed around the little cove, and with a bright beam of light, Odin stood between Thor and Vidar. The two brothers stopped in their tracks and looked away from the all-father's powerful glare. "Now is not the time." Odin spoke slowly.

"Good to see you to father." Vidar snarked.

Odin sighed and walked over towards his younger son. "I should have told you sooner, but if I ever thought your mother was a danger to your family, I would have brought them to our home before she could ever get a whiff of them."

Vidar clenched his teeth but nodded. "How did she get out of the cell?"

"I do not know." Odin admitted. "But I sent Thor down here to warn you, and to tell you to be ready."

"For when she comes?" Vidar asked.

"For when you need to leave. Alone." Odin corrected.

Before Vidar could even ask for further detail, Odin and Thor disappeared with a beam of light.

Jareth

"Three... two... one... go!" Valarie yelled.

Vidar the God of the Seas ~ Vikingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें