Thinking

Jens pov

Leah is living that very New York vibe right now in her life and I'm happy for her. Me? Still the LA city girl. But I do enjoy the New York life here and there whenever I'm out there. I love the LA life too. But I know Leah loves the New York life like a lot. She sends me pictures daily of what she's doing. Today she sent me a picture of her computer and coffee as she's sitting by the window with snow falling outside. Such a vibe. I sent her a picture of me in traffic. Shows the different lives were in..

Later at night, a Friday night, she called me on FaceTime.

"Hi!" I said happily as I see her sitting on the bed and I'm sure she's using her laptop to FaceTime me by the way her camera is. I'm using mine too but I'm in the kitchen.

"Hiii babe. What's for dinner?" She asks.

"Soup dumplings and fried rice" I smile

"Yummm. Your hair looks so cute. You look cute!" she says. My hair is up in a claw clip and I'm wearing a cropped tank top and cotton sweat shorts along with a pair of black glasses.

"Thanks. I rarely wear this style but I like it."

"I know I'm in love" she says. I shake my head and walk away from the computer to continue making my food.

"How's work?" I asked. "Good. I have another event coming up on Thursday night. Me and Des have been so excited but we found out last minute so I have absolutely no idea what I want to wear"

"What's Des going to wear?" I asked.

"She said she might wear a backless short dress."

"Mm"

I know she's her coworker but it's weird to me knowing Leah is going to be around another girl most of her life at the moment. I mean she's with a few every day at work but she's also independent there. But her and Des work a lot together. Not that I think anything will happen. I'm just so used to Leah being always with me. I'm the girl she's always with. Now I'm not.. hopefully she doesn't think of me differently. Getting to know more girls and seeing there's other girls more prettier than me or a better personality than me. But I mean she said she fell in love with my personality. Ugh. I'm over thinking.

Throughout the night we stayed on the call til we even fell asleep.

Later in the week, Thursday, Leah had called me right when I clocked out of work. I'm driving home as she was getting ready for the event.

"Damn I'm running out of the lipgloss you bought for me. I need to buy more."

"Oh no! Yeah buy more that one is super cute on you"

Once I got home, she was almost done with her hair.

"So does this mean you're going to be meeting influencers?" I asked her.

"Yeees"

She put on a white off the shoulder body fit dress that cuts five inches above her knees so it was pretty short.

"Hair up or in a ponytail? Or down?" She asks as she does a spin.

"You look beautiful babe" I said. "Heh thanks..."

I just stared.

"My hair!" She says. "Oh! Up in a mid ponytail" I tell her. She loves me styling her.

"Perfect" she said and put it up.

"Please take pictures tonight" I tell her. "You know I will. Im going to pick up Des then I'll be on the way."

"You're picking her up?"