Surprise

Leahs pov

I'm here in California. I only planned to stay one night. But now I'm here til Wednesday. My boss let me have a few days off randomly.

I'm getting ready and glammed up by a makeup artist that I had contacted a while back. She's making me look real good tonight. I just didn't want to bring makeup stuff since I wasn't going to carry much for this short trip.

"Ugh..beautiful! This shadow makes your eyes pop out beautifully."

"All thanks to you!"

"Your makeup should last all night. Make sure you take pictures and send them all to me"

"I will most definitely!" I tell her.

She finishes up my makeup and then she takes some pictures and videos for her content to post on her Instagram.

Later I got ready with my clothes and hair. Then I left not too long after to the event that I was a little late for. But I should be fine.

Once I got to the event, I saw a few familiar faces so I was just mingling around. There was one famous singer doing a small little performance for us. Complimentary food and drinks were here. And I got dropped off by a friend and will get picked up after so I can drink.I just know this event is kind of huge so I'm trying to have fun. Make new friends. Enjoy my one night here.

But guess what?

Guess whose here.

And I looked right at her as she walked in with her little bestie. Tyler.

We made eye contact and she turned away so fast. Then Tyler looked at me. I didn't know if I should wave at him or not but they both saw me. I did still talk to Tyler a little after me and Jennifer broke up. But now we just haven't in months.

Why didn't I think that Jennifer would be here?... This event is huge. That means she's doing really good. That makes me happy but at the same time what the fuck. It's my ex.

I did not expect to run into her.

"I need a shot" I tell one of the social media managers I know. "Let's go!" He says. So we went to go get drinks. We got a shot first then a mixed drink. And the buzz kind of hit me fast. But it was pretty fun being here so I was just enjoying the moments. Mingling even more with other people again. I just want it to be a smooth night.

Later on I saw some girls taking pictures together. More of the models. I didn't want to stare but I tried scanning them to see who was in the picture.

"Wait! Me too!" I hear someone say and I see a girl run to the group and they reach their arms out to include her in the picture.

It was Jennifer.

Did I mention she looks amazing? I mean of course. She has to. But wow. I'll forever be proud of her. Even if we don't even talk to each other anymore.

"Gorgeous ladies!" The photographer says. Then they thanked him and they dispersed from the group. I went up to the photographer and asked him what company he was with and when we will get these pictures. Cause I was in a few earlier on.

"I can email them to you! Give me your email" he says and gets out his phone. So I gave my email to him and we continued to talk a bit more. Getting to know each other and such.

"Sorry one sec. Let's get a picture of this stunner!" He says and I look to my side to see who he was talking about. It was Jennifer. She nervously smiles at him, then shortly looks at me for a second, then again at him and she backs up and poses. I look away but see Tyler. It's like anywhere I look I see one of them.