Moving

Jen's pov

It's now move in day. I've got the keys to my new place in New York. It was so hard to say goodbye to everyone back at home but I'll obviously visit them a lot. I have all my family out there. My best friend too but he can fly his ass out here too. But now I'm here in New York. Starting off a new life basically.

As I'm entering my apartment to have the movers bring in my stuff, Leah was recording me walking into the place. I did a spin as I was happy, reacting to how excited I was to be living here.

"Perfect" she says and stops recording. I look at her and smile widely. "Leah I'm really going to live here! I actually cant believe it"

"I know! It's been your dream. I'm glad you get to live here now" she says. "Me too" I pout at her.

"We will go ahead and get started with the boxes. Any specific place we should leave things?" The movers ask. I look away at Leah to look at them. "Yes. Right over by the wall is fine. And I'll just need the most help with the furniture and bed" I said to them.

"Gotcha. We can move the dressers and bed wherever you'd like"

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome! I see it's just a single bed for now. No other beds to move in?"

"It's a one bedroom. I'm sure one bed is fine" I giggle.

"Oh I see. You're beautiful. I just thought you'd be moving in with someone" the guy says.

"Oh..ha. Noo..just me" I said and shrug.

I didn't look at Leah. But I know what went through her head.

"Okay well you have my business number. Just ask for Kevin. I'd love to take you out when you're all settled in the city!" He says. He seems so sweet. Too bad I'm not straight.

"Aww..I-" I pause and look at Leah who was looking at me dead in the face with her arms crossed. She didn't lose any eye contact and I felt it inside of me just by the way she was looking at me. I eyed her down for a second, then looked back at her eyes. Still staring.

"I'm sorry-" I look back at him. "I'm..gay." I say and press my lips.

"Oh, wow" he says and eyes me down. Then he looks at Leah and it all made sense after.

"Sorry. I didn't know. I'll just continue moving in the stuff" he says.

"Thank you." Leah says to him. I giggle and look at her, then him.

"No. You're so nice. Thank you. I'll make sure we bring you guys back some lunch" I said to them.

"You don't have to"

"No! On me. You guys are moving a lot of stuff and going up flights and through the elevator." I said.

"Well thank you! We do appreciate it" one of them said. I smile at them. Then I walked away with Leah outside. I went on my phone replying to a few messages involving work stuff. Then I put my phone down and look up at Leah.

"What!?" I asked her as she's staring.

"Nothing"

"Leah I didn't do anything. I didn't say anything til he tried asking me out. Chill"

"Okay. Don't tell me to chill. And yes I know. That's why I said nothing. But it's annoying seeing people hit on you."

"Leah-"

"I know. I should be used to it. My girl is so perfect to everyone and cant stop getting hit on" she says.

"Your girl?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Sorry. I mean my friend"