Stubborn

Leahs POV

It's still the weekend that I'm here in California. I'm out shopping for Jennifer's groceries while she went to go get her hair done. She's just doing a touch up and a trim. Nothing crazy. But I offered to buy her food and other necessities so she won't have to worry about that. I have a list of things she wanted but I also bought her a few other things that I know she would want.

After I finished shopping, I bought lunch for both of us while she was finishing up her hair. Then I brought it home and she got home not too long after.

"Oh wow! You look stunning." I said happily. She softly smiles and puts her things down on the counter.

"You finished shopping? You just left everything out on the table?" She ask. "What? No I just got home a bit ago and had to pee. I'm about to start loading everything in the fridge." I said.

"Hmm"

"You can check the cameras baby" I joked.

"I believe you."

"Alright" I said. Then I started putting the groceries away.

"The lady did my hair good but the layers are too short. I wanted long layers"

"Did you show her an example?" I asked. "Of course I did. I'm not just going to let her freestyle it." She says.

"I'm just asking! Your hair still looks good"

"Stop lying"

"I'm not Jennifer. Relax"
"Relax?"

Oh my goodness.

"Like..you look good! Don't worry"

"You're just trying to shut me up now instead of me saying how I feel about this hair. I spend my money on this shit to look good and I tip good too. I want my hair perfect." She says. I didn't respond and finished cleaning up everything.

She starts eating at the table and I joined a little after.

"So my flight is tomorrow. You can drop me off right?"

"What? What time?" She asks.

"At 3:15"

"Leah you know I have a family thing"

"You didn't tell me. I wouldn't have booked my flight at this time" I said.

"No. You didn't listen. I told you when we were on FaceTime the night before your flight to make sure the way back home was set"

"I'm sure I would've recalled that Jen.."

"Well whatever. I have to be with my family at 2 til who knows when. You're going to have to Uber or something"

"Oh. Okay." I said. She just chews her food and looks at me then tilts her head. "What?" She says.

"Nothing."

She gives me a look.

"Just that you can't take your own fiancé to the airport and make sure that she's safe. Yet you complain about missing me so you won't even spend the last hour with me before I leave to New York again."

Jen rolls her eyes and looks away.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. You know I'm right"

"So you want me to step away from my family?"

"Babe I'm your family. I'm part of them. We're engaged."

"So what the fuck am I supposed to do?!" She exclaims.

"You can't step away for an hour to take me? I don't know when I'll be coming back here again yet!" I said.

She sighs loudly and grabs her phone.