Insecurities

Leah's pov

I love being in the fashion industry. Especially when I know I get to work with Jennifer even more. It makes me proud talking about her to other people.

Recently a very popular sporty, athletic wear brand reached out to have Jen be one of their models. Of course, she'll get free stuff. But I also love that brand so I'm expecting Jennifer to get stuff for me too. She has her first shoot today and I sadly couldn't make it til a little later. It's only a few hours for her so I should be able to make it the last hour. Hopefully, depending on traffic.

Throughout those hours she would text me here and there updates on what was going on. It's was so cute seeing how excited she was. I know she's doing great though. She's so fierce and confident about herself. Even though she tells me her insecurities in the past and even tells me she gets shy sometimes, you wouldn't even notice if you didn't know her.

Later on, I finally got off work and started driving to the studio Jennifer was at. But it was so so traffic. The ETA said I'd be there 30 minutes before she's done which I was hoping I could be there for at least an hour.shes probably wondering where I'm at since she hasn't been on her phone to respond to my texts.

Then the traffic got even worse. And Jennifer still hasn't responded. She's about to finish her shoot though. So hopefully she looks at her phone right after.

Later I finally get there and the shoot was all done and she was just there talking to one of the photographers. But when she noticed me, she came right up to me and softly smiled and gave me a small hug.

"Hey. I'm so sorry. But did you see my text?" I ask her. "Oh, no I didn't. I haven't been able to. But the shoots already done" she says.

"Okay. Yeah I know. The traffic was bad. There was an accident" I said.

"Oh okay. It's fine. They finished wrapping up too. So we can leave now."

I feel bad. I know she was excited for this shoot and I'm sure it went great. But I told her I'd be there and I wasn't there.

As I drove us back to her place, it was a quiet drive. I'm tired so that's why I barely spoke. She must be tired too. Or maybe mad. I don't know. But I reached my hand out to her thigh and softly rubbed it with my thumb. She lets go of her phone since she was holding it with two hands and laid her left hand on top of mine but continued scrolling on her phone.

"You tired?" I ask her and look at her as we're at a light.

"Yeah" she says quietly.

"Mm..I'm sure that shoot was tiring. I saw the list of clothes you had to wear today. That's a lot of changing and hair styling"

"It was a lot."

"Did you get to pick out which sets you want?"

"The clothes they're giving me? Yeah I told them which ones. And the ones you would want too"

I gasp and squeeze her thigh.

"Thank you!"

She doesn't respond. I continued to drive us to her place.

As I parked in the garage, she gets out before me and I helped grab her bag from the backseat. It was just a small tote bag with some clothes she had on earlier and her makeup. Then I followed her up to her place

"Just leave it right here" she says and points to the high stool by the kitchen island.

"I'm gona stay a bit if that's okay. Tomorrow I have tons of meetings so I don't know when I'll be home" I said.

"Ohh..mmkay" she says and places her keys and purse down. Then she starts cleaning up the living room a bit. It always smells so good in here. It's a scent only she'd have. It just reminds me of her. Even when we had that at our old place back then when we lived together.