Disaster

Jens pov

It's a Friday, I'm coming home late from work. Late as in 8:30 in the evening. All I want to do is go relax at home. I'm just a few minutes away now since I've been on the road for a while.

I'm having a hard time getting the week of fashion week off. I can only get a day out of that week that frank had told me about. And I can't call out for the rest of the week. I'd get fired.

I finally got home and it felt so nice to be here. Literally a brick off my shoulders. I'm just a little stressed still and I haven't even spoke to Leah today since I've been so busy.

I entered my place and turned the lights on.

"Oh my goodness" I said to myself as I see flowers at the kitchen counter and a bag of Chick-fil-A.

I get closer and see a note.

"Happy Friday baby. No I'm not here. I had Tyler drop it off...love you" it says on the paper. I smiled and got my phone out of my bag and see that I had so many notifications. But I just immediately called Leah on FaceTime.

"Hey" she answers as she's sitting in her couch with her clear framed glasses on and in a big shirt that she cut at the neck line to make it off the shoulder.

"Hiiiii" I squealed and smiled at her. She smiles back. "You're happy" she says. "You really had to say in the note that you weren't here" I said.

"Yeah. I didn't want to scare you"

"Haha..thank you. I really needed that. I'm so hungry and I just got home. I haven't had a chance to look at my phone but I wanted to call you to thank you."

"Anytime. I knew today was a lot. Thankfully Tyler was free. I sent him money and everything. I owe him"

"Awww...how sweet."

"I hope the nuggets are okay. I know you've been having the sandwich a lot more and I thought you would've gotten tired of it"

"Oh yeah! I was actually hoping it was the nuggets"

"And I got your drink. Hopefully it isn't melted."

"Thank you Lee....my baby" I said softly.

"You're welcome love"

"Can you stay on the phone?" I asked.

"Duh. Am I busy for you? No."

I smiled. "Okay. I have to change and shower after I eat"

"Do whatever you have to do" she says.

"Okay yay" I said.

I went to go wash my hands, then started to eat while I talked to her through the phone.

"So..I don't know how I'm going to get a week off. I can only get a day off that week" I said as I'm munching.

"Oh, just a day?"

"Yeah.."

"Oh no."

"Yeah...I don't know what to do. I really want to go to fashion week. When am I ever going to have that chance again..all paid?"

"Did you explain to them why you need it off?"

"Yeah. If I don't show up to work I'm fired."

"What?"

"Mhm"

"Jennifer..you can't miss this"

"I know but what am I supposed to do?"

Leah stayed quiet and shrugged.

"I love you so much baby and I am so so proud of how much you've done to get where you are. But what if this isn't for you? The health care life? I'm not saying it isn't. But have you ever thought about that?"