Struggles

Jens pov

So I'm at one of the fashion weeks runway shows with Leah. We're both dressed up so nice. We are talking still but barely. And there is obviously tension in the air. We both talked about it shortly and agreed to just enjoy the trip for now but when we go back home we figure out shit out. I can't believe we broke up. It's not hitting so hard now but I know it will when we get back home. I just know it.

As we see the models passing by strutting on the walkway, I recorded a few models. Everyone looked so good.

"Do you see yourself like that one day?" Frank asks me as he's sitting to my right. "I mean I can totally walk like that and I love fashion"

"Maybe one day that'll be you" he says. I look away from him and looked back at the models. "Maybe.." I said. I'm not really thinking about that stuff right now but I feel like he wants to work with me more.

"Leah? Do you see her being a model like this one day?" Frank asks.

"Definitely. She has the beauty and the body and for sure the confidence in her walk. She has it all."

"Totally!" Frank says and throws up his hands a little.

I shake my head and forced a smile and just continued watching them.

This went on for a good hour, then it was time for brunch.

We're sitting at the table with a bunch of the team whose in charge for these huge shows. I was getting to know a bunch of them here so it was pretty nice. Frank was the one introducing me to everyone.

As we ate, I look over to my right where Leah is sitting by me and she wasn't really eating.

"You're not hungry?" I ask her. Even though we've barely been talking.

"Eh. Not really"

I didn't respond and looked at my plate. Then I grabbed a piece of broccoli and moved it toward her face. She looks at me, then the broccoli. I know she likes it so she's going to take it eventually.

"You don't want it?" She asks. I shake my head no. Then she bites it out of my fingers. Then we continued to eat. Her not as much still.

"So Jennifer.. where do you work right now?" One of them asked me.

"We'll, I actually don't work right now."

"Oh okay. So you just left your stripper job and didn't get a new one?" Since everyone knows about me being a stripper.

"I did but I just quit my most recent job. I was in a medical assistant"

"Oh wow! That's pretty huge. Whyd you quit?"

"I-I well I decided to take a different step. Plus I couldn't get this week off to be out here in Milan so I quit." I said and pressed my lips. I was afraid that they'd all judge me. But it turns out they loved that.

"I'm sure I can hit you up for any brand deals and modeling opportunities. We have one coming up that would be perfect if youd like to join?"

"Oh..what kind?" I ask. And she explains to me everything I needed to know.

So of course, I agreed to join. I mean why not? I guess.

Later on after another show, me and Leah went back to our hotel. It was already late afternoon and had a dinner reservation coming up for just the two of us that we had made last week before we even flew out here. Now that we have the weird tension going on, I don't even know how tonight will go.

"So, you've already landed a deal. What did I tell you?" Leah says as we're at the hotel. I sat on the bed and looked at her.

"Shut up"