We meet again

Leahs POV

2 months later

My official role in my job is being a fashion marketer. I've been promoting so many brands in the past months since I started and I'm actually proud of how far I've gone. I've gotten to meet so many cool people. Get so many opportunities to get my name out there too cause I'd love to work with even bigger people in the future. Right now I love what I do. I'm so thankful I'm here.

But aside from work, I've been so independent. Obviously I'm not with Jennifer anymore and I haven't been seeing anyone ever since cause I have been so focused on work. I do miss being in a relationship. I feel like me being with her has been one of the biggest impacts in my life. Time with her went by fast and I just wish things didn't go downhill cause I really did love her and I do miss her time to time. Thankfully my job keeps me busy. I saw her a few months ago but it was brief. We ran into each other at a party. She ended off the night drunk so I don't even know if she remembers everything. We talked for a bit but that's it.

I've been thinking about her lately though. Not too much into what we had but I've just been thinking about how she is. Is she okay or not? Is she seeing someone now? Is she messing with girls again? Who knows. She's been doing great though with her fashion side. I've seen her in a few promos and collabs. I know she overthinks a lot too so I hope she's okay mentally too. I still care about her. I still believe one day we can reconnect. Even if it's just as friends. Who knows.

Anyways, I'm out running a few errands. I'm the girl who lives in New York but drives everywhere instead of taking the subway and walking. I mean I do that sometimes but I'm still a California girl at heart and I'm so used to driving everywhere. And yes I still drives Jennifer's car. Well she gave it to me. It's mine. But still.

As I'm going back to my car from coming out of the grocery store, I get a phone call from a random number. I usually don't answer it but the zip code looked too familiar. Maybe it's someone I know.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi Leah Remini. I'm calling to see if Jennifer can give us a call?"

"Um....I- who is this?"

"C"

"C?"

"She'll know. Just have her call us back."

"Why?"

"It's important"

"I need more context. I don't even know who you are"

"This isn't something we can discuss on the phone. It involves money. So have her call asap"

"Why couldn't you just call her?"

"Our calls won't go through to her"

"So why call me?"

"You're the second source to her. We need her to call in the next 24 hours. She can lose everything and so can you"

I paused and locked my doors as I sat in the car extremely confused. But I do remember Jennifer was in some kind of cult back then. Ugh.

"Okay" I said. And they hung up immediately.

I really don't understand this shit and why they're so suspicious and weird.

So I went on my phone and looked for Jennifer's number. I didn't delete her number but we removed each other off of social media. Our message thread hasn't been deleted either. It's just sooo far down my messages. Like in the dust type of far.