TWENTY ONE 🔥

Call me insane, but it was the first time I really looked into his eyes

Call me insane, but it was the first time I really looked into his eyes. And really noticed how deep and ridiculously gorgeous they were. The light that sank on his face always tricked me into believing they were a sort of hazel. They were not. Weirdly, under the light of the room, and the shadows that captured his sturdy face, they appeared to be green. The green that reminds one of the fresh wands of grass and the force of nature in the wild.

Did he know his eyes changed colours? Or was it just another trick of the light?

"Is that a yes?" he asked. His deep baritone voice grazed my ears and swept down my throat.

After Maddox jumped over me, fastened my wrists with his tie and held them over my head, I had been a gasping and panting mess. Words had abandoned me, and all I could do was blink and gaze into his eyes. His face stood so close that I could feel his hot breath brushing the front of my face, his masculine scent stronger than ever, waking up those butterflies that I had been trying so hard to make asleep.

Why did he have to be so close? Did he know how frustrating it was to deny this magnet between us?

This spark.

"If you said nothing in five seconds, I'll take that as an invitation," he whispered gently, touching the tip of his nose with mine, the corner of his lips curling into a sensual smirk.

I didn't even know what he was asking for, but every cell in my body was screaming at me to say yes. To let him do whatever he wished, to take whatever he could give.

"I-" I mumbled, confused by his massive body hovering over me. It was as if my brain had sidelined all rationale, turning him into the topmost priority.

And as if that wasn't enough to monopolize my senses, all I felt was his weight over me, even though he seemed careful not to crush me underneath.

Had he always been this huge, this broad, this heavy?

I gulped, and watched as his gaze followed the tiny motion from my lips to my throat to my heaving chest.

"I-" I tried to get his attention back to me. I wasn't sure if he decided to give my breast the kind of attention, they were begging him for, I would be able to stop him. "We can't-I can't-"

"Hm?" he asked, as if he too had slipped into a trance and wasn't sure if he heard me at all.

I wasn't sure if I heard myself either.

Why was it so hard to resist him? Why wasn't my brain kicking me awake? God, I should hate him. I swear I did. With every single muscle in my body. The most reasonable thing would be to push him off me and shove him out of my apartment. But my strength had taken a backseat at the exact moment as if, no matter how many times I tried to summon it, it kept brushing me off.

"Baby, you're not making it any easier," he spoke smoothly, raking his gaze over my face and leaving a fiery trail of desire behind. "Tell me you want this as much as I do."