TWENTY SEVEN

"Don't forget to get her some flowers," mom followed me, as I steered towards the door and turned my jacket to my left hand

"Gotcha, mom!" With another roll of my eyes, I walked down the porch and bossed for the car waiting outside.

"Don't just keep talking about yourself. Let her talk. Be a good listener."

Was she really coaching me on how to talk to people? Did she think I didn't know that already?

Feeling the phone vibrate in my pocket, I slipped it out and checked for the new messages that arrived. Mom kept droning about something in the background while I texted back some instructions to Margo so she could forward them to those Chinese clients.

Abruptly, someone ripped the phone out of my hand.

I frowned.

"Mom!"

"Did you even listen to a word I said?" she glowered, her face flushed with irritation. "This is the damn reason you're not married yet, and no girl wants to go out with you. You're so distracted all the time with this work that it never ends. How are you going to make your woman happy?"

If only mom knew... never mind. But did she really think no girl wanted to go out with me? Had she ever looked at me carefully? Just because I never indulged in long-term relationships didn't mean there was any shortage of girls for me. But I couldn't explain that to mom now, could I? If she wanted to believe that I was the most miserable single potato on earth, she would. No one could convince her otherwise.

I sighed. "I heard everything. I'll get her flowers and treat her nicely. Now, will be please hand over the phone? I was in the middle of a very important dialogue."

Mom clutched the phone tighter, her nostrils flaring.

"One last thing," she said, reluctantly dropping the phone back in my hand. "When you meet the girl, switch off this damn phone, or I swear, Maddox Richmond, I'll break this thing in half and no one would know better," she threatened, her fiery eyes drilling into mine.

She was really serious about this girl, wasn't she? And I would be lying if I hadn't grown a tad curious myself.

Sadly, there was only one girl I was interested in right now, the only one I wanted to take out for dinner and then to my bed, with my lips on hers and my cock shoved deep in her soaked pussy.

Jesus, even the thought of Zara could have me roused, all the blood zipping to my cock.

"Do I have your word?"

Snapping back to reality, my focus zeroed back on mom, who seemed to have said something that I failed to hear.

Well, shit!

"Do I have your word or not?" she repeated exasperatingly.

"Yes, yes, you have my word," I gave her a nod and watched as the driver opened the door. "Don't stay awake too late, mom. I'll call you when I'm done."