THIRTY THREE

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LET GO OF ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but this man kept pushing and pulling and grinding and grunting

What the hell was wrong with him?

Why the hell was he so drunk?

Most importantly, who the hell was he?

But I didn't get the answer to any of the questions because no matter what I said, he couldn't be bothered or distracted. The situation was getting out of hand super fast. If I didn't do anything as soon as possible, I might get raped by this asshole.

Shit.

What the fuck did I get myself into?

Running away from one psycho and landing in the lap of another!

Was that how my life had become?

Not that I had the time to ponder on that.

Pushing against his chest, I grumbled loudly. "GET OFF ME!"

"Yeah? And why would I do that?" he growled back, straddling my thighs and restraining me harshly on the mattress with his heaviness. "Haven't you been looking for trouble for the last few weeks, Ms Rodriguez?" he hissed in the crook of my neck. "Isn't this what you have been eyeing me for during the whole damn evening?"

What...the fuck?

Not only was this dude drunk as a skunk, but he was also hallucinating me for someone else!

Damn. If only I could...

The sound of something being ripped widened my eyes to the size of saucer plates, and before I could even think, my knee jerked up and smacked him where the sun never shined.

Good lord—why didn't I think of it earlier?

Thanks to the practice I already had with Maddox, I kneed him in the balls. Hard.

With a piercing cry, the man over me lost control of his weight and flattened over me.

"Ugh!" Shit. He was heavy. "Fuck off!" now that he was busy enduring the pain that I caused, he didn't fight the force that I pushed him with.

Like an obedient mutt, he rolled over to the other side of the bed and fell off to the ground.

Another grunt echoed in the room.

But I didn't waste time checking up on him. For all, I cared he might as well jump off a cliff and I wouldn't move a muscle.

Shuffling out of the bed, I scrambled to my feet and almost tripped over on my way out of the room. Dim lights illuminated the hallway, but I managed to find the room I had been staying in for the night.

I called the emergency number Susan left me on the nightstand with the landline available in the room. She didn't answer the first time. But when I dialled again, she picked up at the second ring.