FORTY SEVEN

It wasn't every day a man like Maddox Richmond dropped on his knees and begged you to give him your worst

It wasn't every day a man like Maddox Richmond dropped on his knees and begged you to give him your worst. It wasn't every day that one of the richest people in America was willing to risk the reputation he had done so much to protect. The reputation for which he shattered me. The reputation that forced me out of my home—my job. Perhaps that was the reason I had no clue what I was supposed to do with him, or myself, or this moment that seemed to have stopped for an eternity.

Because this was not supposed to happen, and yet, here we are...

But I knew it was only in my imagination. Time was moving, just like it usually did, and Maddox Richmond could never be that sincere in what he was trying to be in front of me. This might be his twisted version to ask for my forgiveness, but I was a simple person. I didn't need enormous gestures to know how sorry someone was.

And Maddox Richmond was not sorry.

Not yet.

But I would be an idiot to not take advantage of this opportunity. So, while he sat on his knees, waiting for me to exact my revenge—to show him the storm I was holding inside, the hatred that I carried in his name—I took my sweet-sweet time to make this wait really, really long for him, painstakingly so.

With my back pressed against the icy wall, I stared down at him with a sheen of amusement in my eyes. Perhaps with everything that came out of his mouth a while ago and all the touches and kisses he rendered on my body, he turned me a little horny, but I was still in control. I knew better than to give in to his manipulations, even if it wasn't his supposed intent.

But who was I to know what his true intentions were? He hadn't exactly given me a single reason to trust him.

I wouldn't deny the air around us was crackling with conspicuous sexual energy. It was. And it was affecting me in ways I couldn't explain. From every inch of my skin to every cell in my body, I was pulsating with the need to be satisfied. I was burning. I wanted his hands all over me. I wanted him to kiss me. To touch me. To grab me by the throat and fuck me.

But I couldn't. Wouldn't.

I watched as he watched me, swallowing down gently. I knew if I bared myself in front of him, if I told him how badly I was throbbing to have him inside me, he wouldn't disappoint, he wouldn't dare to. But because I still had some dignity left, there was no choice but to stay true to what he just told me.

That I was beautiful. I was strong.

And that was all I needed to know what I was supposed to do with this moment.

With my eyes still locked with his own, I pushed my back more into the wall and lifted one leg over his chest, the sharp heel of my stiletto heels digging into his ribs.

Maddox never looked away. Not even surprised. His gaze was all over me. On my face, over my breast and that sensuous slit running down my thigh, revealing my long leg that now rested sharply on his hard chest.