Useless

Tw: S//icide attempt. (By this, I'm not trying to downplay depression and those kind of things. I am not saying that just doing fun stuff or laughing sometimes cures depression.)

Being alone hurts. But having someone there didn't help Hinata either. Nanami was nice, but she never took his problems seriously. She thought he was just having a bad day. But it wasn't just that. He felt useless.

The brunet felt the wind brush through his hair. He took off his shoes and put them aside as he stared down at the schoolyard. That was the last time he would see it. No one would care. No one would miss him. He was a talentless nobody after all.

Hinata climbed on top of the railing and stared down. He was so tired and bored of everything.

"Hey!" He suddenly heard someone call out. "Don't do it, please!" The person yelled, running towards him.

Hinata turned around. It was a boy from the main course. He had seen him before. There, on the rooftop. He had taken off his shoes too, but then turned around at the last second.

The boy grabbed his hand. "Please don't!"

"Why not? Why are you stopping me? You don't even know me,"

"Please come down from there!" He pleaded. "This won't help you feel better!"

"But it will help me to not feel at all,"

The boy climbed onto the railing as well and pulled Hinata into a hug. He pressed his head onto the brunet's chest.

"The hell are you doing..?"

The boy didn't reply. He just kept clinging to him. Hinata knew he couldn't jump now. A minute later, he climbed off the railing.

The boy and him sat down on the rooftop. He held out his hand to Hinata, smiling sweetly. "I'm Komaeda Nagito. What's your name?"

"Hinata Hajime,"

"Hajime means beginning, not end. So don't try jumping again,"

"Whatever. Uh... what does your name mean?"

"Hmm... Nagito has a bunch of meanings. It means calm human, calm winter, calm forest surrounding the shrine, calm holly or calm sound. It can also mean serenity, peace, harmony or beach sound. I'm sure there's a lot more though." He giggled. "I dunno what Komaeda means. Do you know what your last name means?"

"Sunflower or facing the sun,"

He smiled. "Facing the sun, huh? How hopeful. You have such nice names, Hinata-kun,"

"Your name fits you. You're really calm for a guy who just almost saw someone die,"

Komaeda giggled again. "I've been told stuff like that a lot. Hm... why did you want to jump, Hinata-kun?"

"Life is useless and so am I. I'm tired of everything,"

"You're not useless,"

"You don't even know me. Why did you wanna jump? I saw you,"

Komaeda pulled his knees to his chest. "I... I'm worthless. I'm useless trash who can't do anything right and only hurts others. Still, I shouldn't end my life. It's not hopeful,"

"How can you say you're useless? You're in the main course. Plus, you saved my life. Not that I wanted you to, but... you still did,"

"You're such a kind person, Hinata-kun." Komaeda got up. "You said life is useless, right? I don't believe that. Will you allow me to prove that you're wrong?" He held out his hand to Hinata.