Music

A bunch of people were talking about Komaeda. A few weeks ago, the pale boy had moved from the country side of Japan to a big city. No one knew why. No one ever talked to him. Hinata was pretty sure that the only time he ever heard him talk was to say 'present' when the teacher took attendance. Now people were talking about him because someone had noticed that he livestreamed himself playing the guitar and the violin. He never said anything, he just recorded himself playing and the title of the stream was always either 'watch me play guitar :>' or 'watch me play violin :>'. He wasn't a famous steamer by any means, but the school knew about him now.

Hinata didn't quite get what was so crazy about it. He wasn't doing anything weird. He was just having fun with his hobbies. The songs he played did sound nice. Hinata had never been a fan of songs with no lyrics, but it was calming to hear and watch him play, somehow. Sometimes, he had his streams on in the background while he did his homework or cleaned his room. They were nice aesthetically, too. Komaeda's room was always perfectly clean, his decorations looked nice and the lighting was good as well. He always wore kind of plain but pretty clothes in them. Sometimes you could see his bunny or his dog sleeping on his bed in the background.

Hinata was sitting outside during lunch. It was cold, but his friends had insisted on staying outside because it was snowing. He looked to the side and saw Komaeda building a snowman.

"Who still builds snowmen in high-school?" Kuzuryuu asked. Hinata watched as Komaeda looked at him. He wasn't right next to them, but could still hear their conversation.

"Let him live, damn..." Hinata muttered.

"I mean, I guess he can do it, but... it's just kinda weird. So childish- Woah!" He got a snowball thrown at his face. Hinata laughed and looked to the side to see Komaeda with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"You bastard!!" Kuzuryuu got up and sprinted towards him, picking up snow while he ran. He threw it at Komaeda, who only giggled in return.

"Get his ass, Kuzuryuu!" Souda cheered his friend on.

"Komaeda-san, I believe in you!" Sonia shouted.

The pale boy gave her a thumbs up and threw another snowball at the short yakuza. "You motherfucker!" Kuzuryuu shouted and jumped on top of him. Both boys fell over and landed in the snow. "Shit, sorry! Are you okay?!" Kuzuryuu frantically asked.

Komaeda stayed silent for a second and then he laughed and nodded. Kuzuryuu couldn't help but laugh along. Souda got up and threw a snowball at Komaeda.

"Hey, don't throw shit at dudes who are on the floor! That's like, a war law or something!" Hinata yelled. Souda kept throwing snow at Komaeda, who tried ro cover his face.

"Heeey, stop iiiit!" He squealed.

Souda grinned. "That's what you get for messing with my bro!"

Komaeda slowly got up and beheaded his snowman. He then carried the head towards Souda. "AAAAH-" Souda's scream was interrupted by the lost head of a snowman being thrown at his face. "You killed frosty!"

The bell rang and they stopped their snowball fight.

After school, Hinata was doing homework and listening to Komaeda play the guitar. Suddenly, the boy began to sing along to his music. Hinata stared at the screen. His voice was really nice. It wasn't extraordinary, but better than average. It was soft and a bit higher than his speaking voice, even if Hinata had barely ever heard it.

One person commented: Woah he can sing too? Nice music bro :)

Komaeda stopped playing, which he usually only did before ending the stream or when he needed a break to drink something. He leaned forward and read the comment. Then, he blushed. "I-I didn't notice I was singing. Apologies..." He reached out to the camera and the stream ended. He must have been embarassed.