Valentine's Day

During lunch break, Komaeda approached Hinata, excited. He was holding a pretty big box. It was wrapped up with a pink ribbon. There was an envelope on top of it. Written on it was 'For Hinata-kun! ♡' and there was a lipstick kiss mark on it. Hinata wasn't sure if it was real or a sticker.

"Happy valentine's day!" Komaeda set the box down on the table. "This is for the best most amazing awesome super cool handsome sweet and kind boyfriend ever!"

Hinata smiled. "Thanks, babe. I, uh, forgot your gift at home,"

Komaeda giggled. "You don't have one, right? Because you were so stressed from exams that you didn't think about it. It's the same every year,"

Hinata sighed. That was exactly it. He had no idea why Komaeda still called him the best most amazing awesome super cool handsome sweet and kind boyfriend ever.

"Sorry... I just-"

"It's fine! Because I have an idea. First though, please look at what I made for you,"

Hinata nodded and opened the box. He felt so bad about it. Komaeda poured his heart and soul into cooking and baking for him every year and he always forgot.

The pale boy had made kusamochi, a cake, kushiage, katsu, cookies and cupcakes. Each meal had been neatly put in a see-through plastic box with a heart sticker on it. Komaeda had also made a photo book of the pictures they took during the year again. He made those every time.

Hinata kissed his forehead. "This is... amazing. It smells awesome. Your cooking gets better and better every time,"

Komaeda smiled, eyes sparkling. "Thank you!!" He then blushed and looked away. "I love you..."

"I love you too. And, uh... what was the idea you mentioned?"

"Well I was thinkinggg... you forgot about me so so so many times that you should spoil me rotten for an entire day!" He grinned.

Komaeda could go from shy, insecure and self-hating to entitled in a matter of seconds. Hinata supposed to wasn't entitlement if he deserved it though.

"Spoil you? What exactly did you have in mind?"

"I wanna go out to eat lunch and I wanna go shopping and uhm..." His cheeks turned pink. "If it's not too much to ask... maybe we could... h-hold hands in p-public..."

Hinata gently grabbed his hands. "Yeah we can do that."

Komaeda smiled. "Yippie!!"

After school, Souda and Hinata walked towards the exit of the school.

"It's so unfair! Why can't I have a girlfriend?! I just wanna kiss Sonia-san!!"

"Stop complaining, she doesn't like you. Just go find another girl. There's tons of fish in the sea,"

"But I don't want a different fish!"

"Sorry, but I can't help you, man. I got my own issues to take care of today,"

"What issues? Eating all the self-made food your boyfriend made for you?" Souda hissed, annoyed.

"I forgot about him. Again. I didn't get him a gift and now he wants me to go out with him today, which is fine. I love spending time with him, but I have to study... Well, it's my problem, not his. None of that is Komaeda's fault,"

"Seriously? You forgot him again? God damn... if I had, like, a cute boyfriend, which I wouldn't, 'cause I'm straight, who made me food and stuff, there's no way I'd forget about him,"

Hinata stared at Souda. "Did you call Komaeda cute?"

"I'm just saying that forgetting about him so many times is crazy,"

"You better not try to steal him from me,"

Souda laughed. "As if. Komaeda clings to you 24/7 and he constantly talks about how you're so kind and handsome and how your uh... voice pronounces your adam's apple or whatever"

"He did not say that, that doesn't even make any sense,"

"I don't know! I don't care. Do you think I really listen to everything he says about you? Anyway, my point is he won't leave your for another guy. He loves you way too much,"

They left the school. "That's good. Anyway, see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah. See ya, soul bro!" Souda grinned and waved.

A few minutes later, Komaeda left the school too. "I'm so sorry for being late. Yukizome-sensei needed someone to clean the board so I did it and then I fell down the stairs so I had to get an ice pack,"

"Are you okay now?"

"I've never felt better! And now we're gonna go eat something!" Komaeda smiled. They went to the train station and took a train to the mall.

Komaeda was super excited. Hinata grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek.

"Where do you wanna go eat?"

"Ah, I haven't thought about that. I'm so stupid... I'm not even that hungry anymore... mm... so sorry... I'm so useless and worthless and-"

Hinata gently cupped his cheeks. "You're not. And we don't have to eat if you aren't hungry. I mean, we ate in school anyways,"

"B-but I... you forgot about me... I'm so stupid..."

"How does that make you stupid? I'm the stupid one,"

"I-if I was better, you wouldn't have forgotten..."

"Better? What do you mean?"

"Like... if I was nicer and prettier and smarter a-and a little less worthless,"

"You aren't worthless. Not at all. I love you." Hinata pulled him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry for forgetting to get you something. It was my fault, not yours. You're amazing, babe,"

"R-really?"

"Really." He kissed him.

"Okay, I believe you. Now you have to buy me clothes!" Komaeda went back to his usual, happy self.

Hinata smiled. "Of course,"

In the evening, they went to Komaeda's home. Hinata was carrying the bags and set them down inside Komaeda's room.

"You're so strong, Hinata-kun! How amazing, I could never carry all that!"

"That's because you were ill. I'm not that strong,"

"No, you are! Carry me!"

Hinata sighed and picked him up princess-style.

"See? You're so strong!!"

"Anyone could- whatever. Thank you, babe." He kissed his forehead and put him down.

"Now look away! You pervert!" Komaeda yelled.

"Huh??"

"I'm obviously gonna get changed now! Turn around!"

Hinata looked away from Komaeda. "How the hell was I supposed to know??"

"I'm just kidding. You know I get like this sometimes. Sorry... for being annoying and confusing..."

"You are not. It's pretty funny. Except when you call me a pervert for no reason,"

Komaeda giggled. "Hahaha! I'm so happy you put up with me! Thank you!" He hugged him, pressing his head into his chest.

Hinata pat his head. "Thanks for putting up with me too,"