Gym Class

"Hinata, pass me the ball!" Owari shouted.

The brunet threw it and she caught it. Immediately, the gymnast threw it at Tsumiki, who was on the other team.

"W-waaaah!" She cried.

"Are you actually hurt or just sad, Mikan-chan?" Mioda asked, trying hard to throw at Hinata.

"I-I'm sorry for being such a l-loser!"

"Go sit on the bench, I got ya!" Owari yelled and she made her way over the the bench that was parting the field in two.

Komaeda watched from a bench. Not the one in the middle of the field though. This one was at the wall.

"Ugh, gym class is so unfair! You can't expect people with completely different body types to be able to do the same thing!" Koizumi complained.

"Shut up and throw the god damn ball!" Kuzuryuu shouted at her.

"It is unfair though! And why does Komaeda never participate?!"

A ball hit her in the stomach. "Should've paid attention!" Souda grinned. "Hahaha- OW! Sonia-san, why'd you throw it at me?! I thought I could trust you..." He whined and walked over to the bench.

Hinata tried to hit Nidai. He was fast, strong and amazing at p.e., so Hinata threw extremely hard. He knew Nidai could handle it. However, he didn't hit Nidai.

"Ow!"

"Komaeda-san!" Sonia shrieked. "Are you alright?"

The pale boy nodded.

"Shit, I'm sorry!" Hinata called out, running towards him. "Are you hurt?"

"No need to worry, I'm fine,"

"Y-your arm-!" Tsumiki squeaked.

It was completely blue and purple. Hinata knew he threw hard, but... that hard? No way. Komaeda must have really sensitive skin.

"Please take him to the nurses office, Hinata-san," The teacher said.

"Yeah. Come with me, Komaeda,"

"Really, I'm fine!" He laughed. "You guys can keep playing, I can handle it-"

Hinata grabbed his hand. "That bruise looks serious, we have to get it checked out."

With that, he dragged him out of the gymnasium. Both boys went to the nurses office where Komaeda was handed an ice pack and laid down on the bed.

"Haha, I guess this is what I get for not having to participate. It was a very hard throw. Good job, Hinata-kun,"

"...thanks. Uh, why don't you ever take part?"

Komaeda sighed and turned away from Hinata, pulling the blanket over himself. "My body is super weak. I can't handle much of anything, really,"

"Didn't you say you could handle the bruise?"

He pouted. "I lied, obviously,"

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want you guys to worry. But that didn't work. Of course..."

"Well... why are you so weak? When we were younger, you always took part,"

"That's what illnesses can do to a body, you know?"

Hinata's eyes widened. "Don't tell me you're... dying,"

"Not anymore. I thought I was going to, but I got lucky. Or unlucky, however you wanna see it,"

"So your body is just recovering from..?"

"From cancer. I had it for a while,"

"Is that why you didn't go to school for so long?"