Human, Demon, Angel

Komaeda was an angel. Literally. He was an angel disguised as a human who went to Hope's Peak Academy as the ultimate lucky student.

But he wasn't this old, wise being that was sent to earth by his God to protect the human race or anything.

His job was to help people who were in despair and bring hope to them. He wasn't old either. He was 16. And not in the way that he was 2000 but was mentally 16. No, he was actually born 16 years ago.

And Komaeda knew someone who also went to Hope's Peak Academy. Kamukura Izuru, the "ultimate hope". He was a demon and Komaeda knew. And Kamukura knew he knew.

The young angel sat on a bench on the school yard, drawing animals in his sketchbook. He was smiling softly and humming a melody that was stuck inside his head. Suddenly, he shuddered as he felt the aura of a demon approaching him.

"Hey there, angel," Kamukura said, sitting down next to him.

"What do you want?" Komaeda asked, frowning.

"Don't be rude. I just want to hang out with my favorite angel,"

Komaeda turned away from him. "I don't want you to call me that,"

"But why? You are my favorite, you know?"

"You're a demon..."

"So? Does that mean I can't like you?"

"I don't know about that, but it does mean I can't like you,"

Kamukura began to play with Komaeda's hair. "Why not, angel? What do I ever do that makes you unable to like me?"

"When you walk around places where people are, they get all sad and upset and... it undoes all the progress I made with them,"

"That isn't my fault though," Kamukura told him.

"Yes, but still, I..."

"So you would like me if I was an angel?"

"I don't know that... I- oh, I have to go!" He got up. "Someone needs my help." He bowed down. "Have a nice day!"

Komaeda quickly flew the to rooftop where he felt the person was. It was a boy from the reserve course. He was currently punching a wall. The pale boy made himself invisible and went back into the school. Then, he made himself visible and went onto the rooftop to make it seem like he stumbled across the scene by chance.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

The boy looked at him. "Does it look like I am?"

"...no?"

"Yeah." He sat down. "So? What do you want?"

"I want to help you feel better. What's bothering you?" Komaeda sat down next to him.

The guy refused to look into his face. He just stared at the ground, angry, as Komaeda looked at him from the side.

"I hate the stupid reserve course. I hate it. I hate being here, I hate the teachers, I hate my classmates, I hate everything!"

"Why is that?"

"They act like we're worthless just because a bunch of people decided we weren't good enough to be called 'ultimates'!" He explained. "I've tried to get a talent. I've tried so, so hard, but nothing works. I'm good at playing guitar, but I'm not good enough! I'm good at building, but not good enough! I hate it!"

"That's so sad... do you want a hug to cheer you up?" When Komaeda hugged people, they immediately felt better. That was one of his few powers as an angel. Komaeda wasn't a strong angel by any means. In fact, he was the weakest one he knew which was why the other angels often made fun of him. But it was still his power and he was proud of it.