In the woods

Tw: Death of a loved one (not Hajime or Nagito)

"Hinata-kun, I can barely see anything!" Komaeda called out, running through the forest. The storm was extremely wild and dangerous.

"You'll be fine as long as you don't let go of my hand, babe!" Hinata told him. "Look, there's a... castle?!"

"Like I said, I can't see!"

"I'll lead the way. Just hold onto my-... Komaeda?!" Hinata shouted, feeling that his boyfriend had let go of his hand. He looked around, but couldn't find him. Then he looked back at the castle. It looked like someone went inside and the door fell shut behind them. He had to get there!

Hinata ran towards the castle, trying not to slip on the mud. A few minutes later, he arrived at the front door and frantically banged his fists against it.

The door opened slightly and he saw red eyes staring at him.

"Can I please come in?! My car broke down and I lost sight of my boyfriend, I don't know what to do!"

"Hm. What does your boyfriend look like?"

"Uh, white hair, green eyes, pale... Did you see him anywhere?"

"I have not. Come in. Or go look for him. Your decision." The man opened the door wider, ready to let Hinata in.

"I... I have to go look for him. But being in a forest during a thunderstorm is super dangerous. ...whatever! I have to find him! Do you maybe have a flashlight for me?"

"Let me see." He closed the door. A short while later, he opened it again. "There you go." He handed him a flashlight. "Good luck with your search. If you find him or give up, you can come here and stay the night if you want,"

"Thank you." Hinata went back into the forest to look for Komaeda. He kept calling out his name and calling him on the phone. He heard Komaeda's ringtone and ran towards the direction it came from, hopeful.

To his dissapointment, he only found his phone on the ground. This made him even more worried. Did someone... take Komaeda? He wouldn't just run away. And if he did, he wouldn't leave his phone here.

"Komaeda!" He shouted. "Where are you?!"

At this point, he decided to call the police. Komaeda's phone was dead now. It seemed the call had used up the last bit of battery it had left. Hinata's phone was on only 2%, but that would have to be enough. Due to the phone being wet from the rain, it slipped out of Hinata's hand and fell into a puddle.

"Shit!" He yelled, picking it up. His phone was done for.

With no other choice, he walked to the castle again. The man let him inside and gave him a towel.

"Did you not find your boyfriend?"

"No... And my phone's broken, so I can't call the cops either. Do you have a phone I can use?"

"I do not, apologies,"

Hinata let out a sigh. He should've protected Komaeda! Someone took him and Hinata wasn't able to save him.

"I am sure you will find him." The man whiped his mouth with his sleeve. "I have not introduced myself. I am Kamukura Izuru,"

"I'm Hinata Hajime. Thanks for your help, Kamukura,"

"It is not a problem. You should rest now. The guest room is over there." He pointed at a door. "Sleep well, Hinata. And tomorrow, we will find your boyfriend,"

"Yeah... thanks again." Hinata went into the room and laid down, completely distraught. Where the hell was Komaeda?!

That night, he kept having nightmares about the pale man. He dreamed about him being kidnapped, tied up, tortured, murdered, assaulted, burned, anything you could imagine, really. It was terrible. In the morning, he was so happy the night was finally over.