Grease

Please read this AN real quick so I can make some stuff clear! This is based on the musical Grease. I didn't want to write out the lyrics to each song because that would be pretty awkward to read, so I tried my best to turn them into monologoues or conversations. Also, I don't ship Celeste with anyone, but I couldn't think of another character for her role, so that's why she's dating Kazuichi in this. I'll put the yt video for each song in here so you can listen to it if you want. And also, sometimes in the musical the girls talk about how men are trash to the character Sandy (Komaeda here). Sandy is a girl and Komaeda is a boy so obviously it's weird to tell him that men are bad, but please just ignore that. And last but not least, this takes place in the 50s, but let's pretend homophobia wasn't a thing because I don't wanna write that into this story it wouldn't work out if I did. Also sorry that I skipped over some plot points, I wanted to focus more on the romance and less on anything else, but the plot still makes sense dw!
If you know the musical, here's who I some of the characters are in this oneshot:
Danny = Hinata
Sandy = Komaeda
Frenchie = Chiaki
Rizzo = Celeste
Kenickie = Kazuichi
Now I will stop yapping and I hope you enjoy the story!

Hinata and Komaeda sat in the sand at the beach. The pale boy leaned his head against Hinata's shoulder.

"I don't want to go home again," Komaeda said. "I prefer it here in Japan. I barely know English, living with my aunt in America isn't nice at all. But my grandpa just won't decide whether he'll take me in or not... I doubt he will though,"

A car parked nearby. Komaeda sighed. "Hinata-kun, spending summer break with you was the best thing I ever experienced. I wish we could see each other again,"

"Me too." Hinata cupped his cheek and kissed him softly. "I'm gonna miss you, Komaeda. You're the best person I've ever met." He leaned his forehead against that of the other boy and they both closed their eyes.

"My aunt is here, Hinata-kun. I have to go now,"

"I know." They both got up. Komaeda kissed his cheek.

"Goodbye, Hinata-kun. I really, really like you,"

"I really, really like you too. We'll see each other once you come back here. One day, okay?"

"For sure." They hugged each other one last time and Komaeda hurried over to his aunt's car.

-

The first day of school after summer break, Hinata made his way over to his friend group.

"Hinata! Glad to see you again, buddy!" Oowada hit him on his back, laughing.

"Soul bro!" Souda said, grinning. "How are ya?"

"I'm good." He slammed his locker shut after grabbing his book.

"Aren't you boys supposed to be in class?" A teacher asked. "Hurry before I tell someone,"

They groaned and made their way to the classroom.

Meanwhile, Komaeda stood in the secretary's office, waiting for someone to tell him where his classroom was. His grandpa had decided to take him in, so he could stay in japan.

Soon enough, the secretary came back and told him where to go.

During lunch break, he sat down at a table with a few girls from his class.

"It's nice to meet you, Komaeda-kun," Nanami said. "I hope you'll like it here,"

"Oh, I am quite sure he will," Celestia told her. "The students here are nice. At least, most of them. Most of the time."

"So, Yukizome-san said you lived in America before?" Sonia asked.

"I did, yes,"

"How interesting! Did you like it there?"